New-to-me Sarrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New-to-me Sarrels

I picked up a beautiful little 58” Lynx off the classifieds here. I was a little concerned being only 42# at my 28” (I prefer 48-52#) but the price was right and I was looking at adding a shorter bow for ground blinds. I also like the forward handle design and was wanting to add one to the mix.

It showed up today and I was so excited I didn’t check brace height. There was no nock point so I just eyeballed it and the worn spot in the serving seemed about right. I first tried the beman center shot 400’s that came with it which are 30” and should be way too stiff with no weighted inserts. I also shot a couple of my GT 55/75’s which are 32” with 225 up front and tuned for my 49# superstition. I have some tuning to do but here is the first group of 5 mixed arrows at around 12 yards. I think I am going to really like it!

Here are some pics of the bow from the previous owner...I haven’t taken any of my own yet.

Some pretty wood. Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Very pretty bow. AND oh the joys of the honeymoon stage. "Got a new bow and it shoots lights out."

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
        Very pretty bow. AND oh the joys of the honeymoon stage. "Got a new bow and it shoots lights out."

Every. Single. Time! Lol!

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Nice one B. Got to meet up and shoot sometime

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
              Nice one B. Got to meet up and shoot sometime

Yes sir! Give me a buzz...you still have my number?

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

I wish I had some 500’s to shoot out of this bow! The 400’s that came with it are too stiff. But they fly great out of my superstition so that is a win I guess!

Comment

Nice lookin’ stick!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Bisch! I can’t wait to get an arrow tuned for it.

Comment

Very pretty bow. I tend to ignore the short ones when they come up for sale so didn't really look this one over. Bob makes some really pretty bows and has stepped up the game even more in the last year or so. I agree that the 400s are way too stiff for that bow. 500s should work with the right point weight.

Comment

Working...
                        X