No announcement yet.

Rage Ex-treme Broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ragin! Did you make Pope and Young by hating on Rage Broadhead post? I mean geez! I'm sure everyone on here knows you hate them. Plus, they are NOT selling truck loads of them because they suck.

Comment

Rage is one of those heads, and maybe the only one, that the vast majority of bow hunters either hate them or loe them, there seems to be very, very few in the middle. As you can guess Ragin' is one on the very far side of the dislike scale. Me you could put me in the middle. I have used them with success, but not sold on them. His P&Y status has been attained from arguing about anything!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
        Hey Ragin! Did you make Pope and Young by hating on Rage Broadhead post? I mean geez! I'm sure everyone on here knows you hate them. Plus, they are NOT selling truck loads of them because they suck.
        Actullay this is my second time to make P&Y. The first time Rage didnt even exist. Like post count means anything anyway. You didnt read my posts good enuff. I put some kudos in there for em all beit not much. I guess ur gonna try to make p&y by sayin what you just said. Once again. Like post count even means anything. If you dont like my posts. Dont read em....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Rage is one of those heads, and maybe the only one, that the vast majority of bow hunters either hate them or loe them, there seems to be very, very few in the middle. As you can guess Ragin' is one on the very far side of the dislike scale. Me you could put me in the middle. I have used them with success, but not sold on them. His P&Y status has been attained from arguing about anything!
          Lmao! True!!!!

Let me clarify. I had great succes with Rage as long as i kept it the rib cage. I mean 40 yard blood trails and thats it. I pulled a little one day (my fault) and pecked a big cull six right square in the hard part of the shoulder. The Rage exploded. Like the blades were laying on the ground where he had been standing. Ive pulled off before in the past 26 years with a good stout fixed and did not get a pass thru but busted the shoulder and cut both lungs out and found the critter. Everyone wants to say shot placement all the time! And its so very true. But we aint always perfect on our shots. I wish we were. Im just one of those that always prepares for the worst. Just ask Landrover. It drives him nuts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            So now instead of a regular failure we can have an extreme failure. Awesome!!! Yep, haters gonna hate. Especially after one explodes on a shoulder. Lol
            x2!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
              x2!
              Funny how im the one that gets singled out on these threads huh Cuz?!

Buuuut. I can handle it!!! Lol

No Shabow that wasnt directed at you buddy!!!

Comment

Im workin on my own fixed blade design. Its fixed. I call it the 4.5 inch Whitetail Widamaker.
                I think you should change the name to Ragin Whitetail Widamakin Rage Hatin Broadheads and have a slogan something like this, "Just in case you miss your mark!"

Just kidding! Man, I enjoy your reading post. I think they are entertaining.

Comment

I think fixed tips are the best if you pull the shot forward and these big mechanicals can be great if you pull the shot too far back but I'll have to give it to you after my 31yrs. of bowhunting on the fact that fixed heads are the safer choice for all scenarios!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                    I think you should change the name to Ragin Whitetail Widamakin Rage Hatin Broadheads and have a slogan something like this, "Just in case you miss your mark!"

Just kidding! Man, I enjoy your reading post. I think they are entertaining.
                    Well not to sound arrogant. But you should meet me face to face. U'll need ice for your ribs tho. Cuz you gonna laugh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                      I think fixed tips are the best if you pull the shot forward and these big mechanicals can be great if you pull the shot too far back but I'll have to give it to you after my 31yrs. of bowhunting on the fact that fixed heads are the safer choice for all scenarios!
                      I think on the shots that are back youre spot on. Thats where a big mech shines!!!

I saw a pure gut shot doe kill over after 75 yards from a 1-3/4 inch grim reaper. My little bro gut shot a doe this past year with a 2 inch rage and she went about the same.
                      Last edited by JW; 05-23-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQvMqHZ-uA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2012 ATA show new Rage Broadheads - YouTube[/ame]

I like the chisel tips and I might even get a pack of em since they don't use an o-ring anymore.

Comment

O and I believe the video said they own Nocturnal now?

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                            O and I believe the video said they own Nocturnal now?
                            Yes, rage bought nockturnal.

Comment

Yea the ones of us that "hate" them have had them fail or malfunction on us. I tried them, and I'm sure they can kill stuff, but I think it'd a poor design. Specifically the way the blades are held in place when the BH is in closed position.

NAP SpitFires are where it's at!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                                Yes, rage bought nockturnal.
                                Crap. Now i guess i hate nockturnals!!! Dangit!!!

Lol. Theyll be the only company with a tougher nock than their broadhead!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X