ATV Winch size recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Honda Foreman 500 4x4. What size winch is recommended by the GS? 2500#, 3500#? Going to be used for game recovery, and the prevention of too many whoops moments. Thanks in advance.

I've got a Honda Rancher 4x4. I put a Superwench LT3000 on it. It's a little overkill, but I can wench the ride straight up a tree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Its like a gun safe imo go bigger than you think you will need.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          Its like a gun safe imo go bigger than you think you will need.
          This....Buy the biggest one you can afford!

Comment

If you know how to rig pulleys and shackles, you can get more pulling force out of a smaller winch.

Comment

I have a 2500 Warn on the Grizzly, works great for securing random crap to the front rack. I can tell you it won't pull out a truck stuck to the frame, lol, but I don't think it's supposed to be able to do that. I have no doubt it'll free a stuck Grizzly though as it had no problem dragging the Grizzly up to the truck with the brakes locked.

Comment

I'd go 3500. It's more versatile for things besides game recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                  If you know how to rig pulleys and shackles, you can get more pulling force out of a smaller winch.
                  Yes you can and using that same principal you can get even more with a larger winch. The cost difference in most cases makes it an easy decision imo.
                  You can go smaller but be prepared to have to do some rigging if you are maxing it out.
                  It really comes down to an individuals budget.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

How does battery capacity come into play with the larger units, if at all? These ATV's don't exactly have a lot of battery.

Comment

Looks like a 3500 it is then. Thanks GS. Ill research the battery question, that's a very valid point.

Comment

Working...
                      X