No announcement yet.

my first 3D shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first 3D shoot I shot about 175 I think. The sad thing is I shoot in the low to medium 200s 10 years later.lol. Arvin

Comment

I watched a video some time ago where I think Fred Bear talked about instinctive shooting and how it would be difficult to make alot of shots in a row at varying distances; such as a 3D shoot... at least for him. He was speaking to the average person's ability to focus for that many consecutive shots under various conditions.

I can totally see that. I reflect back and attribute my score to my focus, method, and state of mind. My first time, I shot gap... no doubt about it. I had been shooting for only a week, so I aligned myself visually and focused on my release. The 2nd time around, my gap aiming was a bit more refined and I was really relaxed and confident. I scored really well. My 3rd time, I was tired, and I was trying something new and going back and forth between gap and instinctive. I was definately unable to focus and get into a zone while shooting.

Comment

Im trying to shoot all instinctive for just that reason weed out as many variables as I possibly can if I can see it in can shoot it with in reason but I have noticed on some days the cant of my bow more or less really affect the way I group it is not consistent one day 80% horizontal the next near vertical I just have to find out if it is an A or B day
        Last edited by little john; 07-08-2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X