Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fun roving head

I never have much cared for Judos.

Too Rube Goldbergish, and they turn small game inside out. They'll flat ruin a grouse if you hit it in the breast.

I like steel blunts, but they will still slip under grass and disappear like field points sometimes.

Rubber blunts and bludgeons work well, but aren't very precise if you aim with the point.

I tried something new the other day, and I like it. I checkered the flat end of a steel blunt. 30 lines per inch. It is GRABBY!

Flips an arrow in the grass almost like a Judo, but works well in a quiver and aims better than the big rubber/plastic blunts.

It only takes 5 minutes, if you have a checkering file.

Don't reckon most of y'all do. I've been checkering steel for a long time, as an amateur pistol smith.

If you like, I'll be happy to do a couple for you. Just send me a couple of whatever steel blunts you shoot (glue-on or screw-in), and a buck or 2 for return postage.

If you do it yourself, resist the urge to round off that burr which forms around the edge. That's what makes it work!

Joe

How about a pic?

Comment

No can do. Can't get my phone to focus close enough to show the checkering.

Don't know how to post pics anyway.

Seems pretty easy to visualize though, if you just read what I wrote.

It's really simple. A flat face checkered sharp.

Joe
      Last edited by Bushbow; 07-02-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X