Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get an owl out of your chimney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get an owl out of your chimney ?

I need some advice from the green screen . How do you get a live owl out of your chimney ? One got inside of mine and when I open the damper it crawls up above the smoke shelf and I can't reach it.
    I told my wife that we should just leave the damper open and let it come out on it's own. Needless to say, she is having none of that.

It's too big to fly back up the chimney.

What suggestions do ya'll have ?

Put a cat down from the top?

Comment

In for responses...

Comment

Id get a chimney sweep to push it from above or maybe even from the bottom if possible.

Comment

I want the video when he gets loose inside the house!

Comment

Start a fire?

Comment

Build a small fire and smoke it....seriously y hi,go th home depot or lowes and get one of those chimney brushes with extendable shaft and shove him out the top.
              Last edited by Winman; 11-10-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Who?

Comment

Might want to contact your local game warden, TPWD and Federal laws are pretty strict on Owls, I'd hate to get crossways with Mr. Greenjeans over an Owl.

Protected Birds
                  Hawks, owls, falcons, eagles, and all other nongame raptors, birds and songbirds (except for the unprotected birds listed in the Non-Protected and/or Exotic Species section) are protected by various state and federal laws and may not be killed, taken from the nest, picked up, or possessed for any reason, and their feathers may not be possessed or sold. Arts and crafts may not include these protected species under any circumstances. A federal depredation permit may be issued to individuals who have evidence clearly showing certain protected wildlife is causing serious damage to commercial agricultural, horticultural, or aquacultural interests, or presents a threat to public safety. For more information, visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website.

Comment

We had 2. Yes 2. Come down one at the farm house. We closed all the doors and caught them using a towel. The first one was easy. Second time around the owl was on lamps and couches. Got pretty sporty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m trying to get my grandsons over for help now. I was kind of thinking to get someone on the roof and push it down so that we can catch it and let it go. There are double doors right by the fireplace so maybe we can coax it out fairly easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        We had 2. Yes 2. Come down one at the farm house. We closed all the doors and caught them using a towel. The first one was easy. Second time around the owl was on lamps and couches. Got pretty sporty.

Reminds me of the time a lady saw an owl beside the road or highway and tried to rescue it. It sunk its talens into her leg and then she had to be rescued from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                          Reminds me of the time a lady saw an owl beside the road or highway and tried to rescue it. It sunk its talens into her leg and then she had to be rescued from it.
                          Lol.

I had to rescue a guy from a sandhill crane once. Took this dude from Illinois or some place on a paid hunt. We pass shot a group and knocked one out via wing shot. Next thing I know he's hollering and this crane is chasing across a peanut field.

I had to shoot the crane again with him yelling not to mess it up so he could mount it.

Comment

This makes me think of the squirrel on national lampoons Christmas vacation.

Comment

Start a fire

Comment

Working...
                              X