Port A set ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seay View Post
    Looking at the overhead map I see this trail (blue dotted line) that is really close to the pioneer RV park. Could I use that to put the kayaks in there at what I think is called (flato's cut)?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Private property

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
      Private property
      Well dang!

Where is the closest place to the pioneer RV park that I could toss a yak in?

Comment

Well dang!

Where is the closest place to the pioneer RV park that I could toss a yak in?

I'd still say Wilson's cut which is the dirt entrance directly across from the Sea Gull Condo tower entrance.

Comment

Surf, Bay, Offshore, Pier, Jetties; Port Aransas has it all. A thriving fishing industry has called Port Aransas home for over a century and for good reason. With immediate deep water access to the Gulf of Mexico through the jetties, Port Aransas is home to the largest offshore fleet in the Texas Coastal Bend. Just as many smaller boats are heading the opposite direction though to fish the bays and back waters behind Mustang Island and in Redfish Bay and Aransas Bay.

Comment

Wilson's Cut area can be really good. As a boater and a kayaker I would suggest a flag if you think you'll be near the many channels that run through there. Boats will come cruising through there on plane and its a surprise for all involved when you come around a corner and there is a kayak right there. Also the theft problem is real. I had my boat trailer stolen there several years ago while I was out fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_S View Post
              Wilson's Cut area can be really good. As a boater and a kayaker I would suggest a flag if you think you'll be near the many channels that run through there. Boats will come cruising through there on plane and its a surprise for all involved when you come around a corner and there is a kayak right there. Also the theft problem is real. I had my boat trailer stolen there several years ago while I was out fishing.
              Man! If it is that bad and that common of a problem why does the local law not get involved?

Comment

Man! If it is that bad and that common of a problem why does the local law not get involved?

It falls under the county sheriffs dept. and they would have to basically "stake out" the area which is obviously more work then taking a report. They know.

I agree with Jeff_S on being careful. There are basically known lanes of travel through shallow areas. Expect to see a boat or ten run pretty close to you if in one of those areas.
                Last edited by Notaguide; 06-18-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                  Wilson's cut for sure. And for a second place, just past fish pass is an access road that will take you to a very large flat that the reds love to visit in the mornings. That area drops to about 6 ft and has a deeper hole called Esters hole or something like that trout and reds there also. I was just at pioneer a couple weeks ago, location is good for getting to fishing spots fast and clean campsites.
                  Kates Hole

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    Kates Hole
                    Bingo....never been good at remembering a woman's name when it was a quick visit.

Comment

Bingo....never been good at remembering a woman's name when it was a quick visit.
                      [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Lmbo

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

When my trailer got stolen I called the cops to do a report. In the mean time I realized that the sorry SOB's had left their POS in the tall grass near the parking lot and swapped their boat to my trailer and took off. When the cop got there to do a report I told him what happened. He wouldn't even get out of his car to see if there was serial numbers on the trailer that was left. So I contacted a game warden friend of mine and told him about the incident. He told me where I could find the hidden serial numbers on the trailer since the visible ones had been scratched off. I went back to see if I could find the hidden numbers and THAT trailer was already gone. Either the original theifs came back for it or someone stole that trailer.

Comment

Before the blow last year you could take a different entry and get further back at Wilson's cut. Didn't seem to be such a problem then. When are you down? We are going to be there for a btb gathering on the 14th if the seas cooperate. May fish the cut or go over to highland lakes. Mind the wind at the cut. If you go north and a south wind picks up it can be brutal getting back. If its going to get windy later I go south towards Kate's hole so I can return with the wind. Get a hook n line wade and kayak map of the area. It is a big help. Our house is rented so we will be staying on the beach S of Bob Hall pier. Good luck.

Comment

There is the lighthouse trails across the ferry going towards Aransas Pass. (I think that is what they call it.) You have to paddle across the shrimp boat channel to get the back side of the islands along Lydia Ann Channel. I know it's marked on kayak fishing websites. Catch the tide coming out of the lakes behind the lighthouse and fish along the shore of the islands to catch the reds draining out.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Before the blow last year you could take a different entry and get further back at Wilson's cut. Didn't seem to be such a problem then. When are you down? We are going to be there for a btb gathering on the 14th if the seas cooperate. May fish the cut or go over to highland lakes. Mind the wind at the cut. If you go north and a south wind picks up it can be brutal getting back. If its going to get windy later I go south towards Kate's hole so I can return with the wind. Get a hook n line wade and kayak map of the area. It is a big help. Our house is rented so we will be staying on the beach S of Bob Hall pier. Good luck.
                                Not going to be down till August 10th but thanks for the wind advise that definitely something that could ruin the wife on wanting to go back

Comment

Working...
                                X