Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
    Gets plenty of sun at current location. Since I turned on the 24hr delay, it stays at 60%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all mine are on Real Time..
    Last edited by Smart; 06-30-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
      Gets plenty of sun at current location. Since I turned on the 24hr delay, it stays at 60%

Then an anomaly it is..

Wonder if you have a bad battery in your group. One bad cell will throw off the reading of the whole group.

Comment

I wasn’t running the covert panel with my eneloops and it didn’t work.. so I bought the panel so when the 12v was mentioned i was like man another component! And i noticed the 6v pouch on the back so i assumed it was true.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          I wasn’t running the covert panel with my eneloops and it didn’t work.. so I bought the panel so when the 12v was mentioned i was like man another component! And i noticed the 6v pouch on the back so i assumed it was true.

You were running the eneloops without a panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            You were running the eneloops without a panel?
            Without a covert panel....but a panel yes

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Then an anomaly it is..

Wonder if you have a bad battery in your group. One bad cell will throw off the reading of the whole group.

Hmmm might be something to try

Comment

Without a covert panel....but a panel yes

Ahhhh ok..

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks coverts solar panel sucks for mounting?

I could see if I had a flat surface to mount it on, but mount/zip tying it to a tree is difficult to get it to face the sun if there isn’t a horizontal branch close enough that the cord will reach.

Granted, during deer season, my cameras/panels move a lot since we are hunting trails. If they stayed at a feeder, I could make something to mount them on. However, if I want to put the camera on a big oak tree, I can’t do anything but hang the solar panel on the tree and hope for the best.

My old moultrie panels mount to a bracket that I could strap to a tree and manipulate the bracket. Maybe I need to fabricate something similar that I can strap the covert panel to.

Unless y’all have a better idea...
                  Last edited by CastAndBlast; 06-30-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    Am I the only one that thinks coverts solar panel sucks for mounting?

I could see if I had a flat surface to mount it on, but mount/zip tying it to a tree is difficult to get it to face the sun if there isn’t a horizontal branch close enough that the cord will reach.

Granted, during deer season, my cameras/panels move a lot since we are hunting trails. If they stayed at a feeder, I could make something to mount them on. However, if I want to put the camera on a big oak tree, I can’t do anything but hang the solar panel on the tree and hope for the best.

My old moultrie panels mount to a bracket that I could strap to a tree and manipulate the bracket. Maybe I need to fabricate something similar that I can strap the covert panel to.

Unless y’all have a better idea...
                    It comes across cheap made imo i may be completely wrong and i agree it was the first thing that came to mind when i saw it as well. How would someone mount this? Luckily i can lay mine flat on my feeder stand in Mexico.

Comment

I view it as versatile? I’ve got one wrapped around a creosote pole. One hanging from a limb in a tree, and one strapped to a feeder. I Don’t think they’re cheaply made. Better than set inside a cheap *** plastic frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        I view it as versatile? I’ve got one wrapped around a creosote pole. One hanging from a limb in a tree, and one strapped to a feeder. I Don’t think they’re cheaply made. Better than set inside a cheap *** plastic frame.
                        I very well may be wrong, but that was just my first impression.

Comment

It comes across cheap made imo i may be completely wrong and i agree it was the first thing that came to mind when i saw it as well. How would someone mount this? Luckily i can lay mine flat on my feeder stand in Mexico.

I thought the same until I put a few through the ringer. They are strong and durable. I just wish they had different options for mounting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

The one you have wrapped around the pole catches enough sun?

Comment

I had my covert panel hanging vertical via zipties from a tpost for a few months and it caught plenty of sun... it’s now flat laying on the roof after I built a box to protect the camera better...1.5 years later still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                                The one you have wrapped around the pole catches enough sun?

Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                                X