Shade cover for pop-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shade cover for pop-up?

I'm about to build a platform for my pop-up and where I am going to set it is slightly facing the west. So in the evening I'll be looking at the sun. Won't be quite as bad because I'll be elevated, looking down. But I'm more concerned with being lit up and easier to see in the blind. I was thinking about putting some 2x4's vertically in front of the blind with two more extending horizontally out in front of the the pop-up a few feet. Then putting some material between the boards for an awning affect.

Anyone done something like this? Any drawbacks I'm not thinking of? I will have mesquites all behind me, but none in front for shade.

And I would move the stand to not face the sun, but this really is the ideal spot base on entry to the stand, deer travel routes and surrounding brush

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373478487.224217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	24218819

Something like this

Comment

I use fake Christmas trees to hide the platform and pop up

Comment

I wrap my popups in burlap. It really helps take the glare off. Its also cheap and portable.

Comment

Also wear a black face mask

Comment

I'm not worried about the glare ON the blind so much as I am IN the blind and on to me. I will wear black. But there is no comparison to when the sun is shining in your blind and when you're sitting in a shadow. No matter what color you are wearing. Do y'all think something like this could keep the sun out of my blind? It's going to act like a visor. And just cast a shadow in the blind. Or that's the intention at least. The blind will be brushed in sufficiently for camouflage.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Comment

Working...
                  X