? For GM 6.2L owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For GM 6.2L owners

I know the 6.2 L is not made for MPG. I may be shopping for a new/used truck later this year, and for those with the 6.2 L in 1/2 ton, what kind of MPG are you seeing? I am curious as to how close real-world numbers are compared to the 5.3 L

18.2 highway, 11.5-11.9 pulling crew ranger and 9.5 pulling 30 ft. travel trailer. I really like the truck.

Comment

im seeing 15-17mpg average with the 8speed tranny

Comment

I have a 6.2l But it is a supercharged LSA. I get about 20 mpg if I baby it. It will do 185mph and 0-60 in 3.9 though

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
          I know A TRUCK is not made for MPG.
          Fixed it. Problem solved.

Comment

The question is, are you going to keep it completely stock. I saw over 21 mpg on the highway when mine was on factory tires and height.... I have 34’s and a 3” lift and still can avg 17.5-18 on the hwy. Your driving style is going to dictate the mileage more than anything.... Kind of hard to keep your foot out of it

Comment

It’ll do way better than you’ll likely allow.

My wife’s does great on the highway. Usually anywhere between 19 and 25 (@ 75), depending on wind and terrain (25 easily in the flatness of the Permian Basin). It’ll do better than 18 around town if you’re easy on it. 16.9 mpg overall average from the first fill up thru today.

It’s WAY too much fun to drive to be easy on it. Super unleaded is pricey, but that’s the price you pay to drive a pickup that’ll outrun half the sports cars out there.

2017 GMC Sierra SLT
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0987.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24527839

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	24527840

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                It’ll do way better than you’ll likely allow.

My wife’s does great on the highway. Usually anywhere between 19 and 25 (@ 75), depending on wind and terrain (25 easily in the flatness of the Permian Basin). It’ll do better than 18 around town if you’re easy on it. 16.9 mpg overall average from the first fill up thru today.

It’s WAY too much fun to drive to be easy on it. Super unleaded is pricey, but that’s the price you pay to drive a pickup that’ll outrun half the sports cars out there.

2017 GMC Sierra SLT
                [ATTACH]894584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]894585[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the double pics. Tapatalk is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                  I have a 6.2l But it is a supercharged LSA. I get about 20 mpg if I baby it. It will do 185mph and 0-60 in 3.9 though
                  yeah...i don't even want to know my avg is on the LT4. Not a daily driver so it's never babied.

I am interested in this as I hear that Tahoe RST is pretty spiffy.

Comment

Wifes isn't anywhere near you guys numbers but she drive like a hellion. I only drive it when theres a load behind it. 12-13 pulling ranger and 8-9 pulling the boat

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Wifes isn't anywhere near you guys numbers but she drive like a hellion. I only drive it when theres a load behind it. 12-13 pulling ranger and 8-9 pulling the boat

Yeah, my wife’s does about 9 pulling the trailer in the pic.

Comment

11/18ish but I haven't had it long.

Comment

I just took my first over 300 mile trip. I got 19.8 on the way up and 16.4 on the way back against a 20mph wind.

Comment

I get 17 in town and 21 on the road. I also drive 80-85. I bet I could get 22-23 if I drove a little slower.

Comment

One of my buddies has it in his pickup and it’s a nice little ride!! That thing flys around the highway.

Comment

Working...
                              X