No announcement yet.

High FOC Arrow Build ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running a Black Eagle Carnivore 350 at 29 inches with a brass insert and two 30 grain screw in insert weights. On top of that is a 125 grain broad head.

I don't recall the exact arrow weight but FOC is 20 or 21% with a lighted nock and 3 Blazers.

Comment

I use archers advantage to build my arrows and have been very pleased with the results. You can download this program to your computer or use the web based app. Very handy tool

Comment

I'm trying out Archer's Advantage, I tried it years ago and wasn't very happy, but I'm willing to see if I like it any better now. This will also be a good place to compare what I know I like (TAP Pro) to AA.

Here is your arrow and bow in AA Gunnyart:

Arrow spec's: This is with 300 gr up front, 3 Blazer vanes and a lighted nock.

This arrow spine seems like it would be weak to me just based on using TAP Pro for so many years. That's one of the reasons I went with TAP Pro back in the day, it seemed like he had a better grasp of dynamic spine and a better drag formula. I guess we will see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GunnyartArrowV1.0.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24543114

This is the bow's spec's I used.

Name:	GunnyartBowV1.0.JPG
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24543115

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          I'm trying out Archer's Advantage, I tried it years ago and wasn't very happy, but I'm willing to see if I like it any better now. This will also be a good place to compare what I know I like (TAP Pro) to AA.

Here is your arrow and bow in AA Gunnyart:

Arrow spec's: This is with 300 gr up front, 3 Blazer vanes and a lighted nock.

This arrow spine seems like it would be weak to me just based on using TAP Pro for so many years. That's one of the reasons I went with TAP Pro back in the day, it seemed like he had a better grasp of dynamic spine and a better drag formula. I guess we will see.

[ATTACH]912311[/ATTACH]

This is the bow's spec's I used.

[ATTACH]912312[/ATTACH]
          Would it be correct to assume going to a 300 spine wouldn't hurt?

Comment

Here is the same shaft in .400 spine. You could add length to the .350 spine shaft and get it perfect based on AA.

Name:	GunnyartArrowV1.1.JPG
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24543116

Comment

Now I'm confused!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Would it be correct to assume going to a 300 spine wouldn't hurt?
                Wouldn't hurt at all, better to start a little stiff and use weight or length to get the optimum spine.

This one shows a 28.5 inch arrow in .350 spine that is optimum based on AA. This where I would start and then tune the arrow. Remember, these programs are just a good place to start, tuning the arrow will still need to be done.

Name:	GunnyartArrowV1.2.JPG
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	24543117

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Now I'm confused!
                  Don't be confused, I was just showing that the .400 spine is very weak compared to the .350 spine and that changing the arrow shaft will be the only way to get optimum spine according to AA.

Comment

Don't be confused, I was just showing that the .400 spine is very weak compared to the .350 spine and that changing the arrow shaft will be the only way to get optimum spine according to AA.
                    Oh Okay. Thanks

Comment

Something is wrong with that AA setup. You’re shooting my specs (30.5 at 70 with a 29” shaft). You’re never going to get away with a 350 spine arrow especially with that much point weight. 260 spine is as weak a shaft as you’re likely to get away with.

AA can be buggy sometimes and give weird results. I’d start over with a new build and see what the results are.

Comment

Originally posted by dk_ace View Post
                        Something is wrong with that AA setup. You’re shooting my specs (30.5 at 70 with a 29” shaft). You’re never going to get away with a 350 spine arrow especially with that much point weight. 260 spine is as weak a shaft as you’re likely to get away with.

AA can be buggy sometimes and give weird results. I’d start over with a new build and see what the results are.
                        Those aren't his specs at all, not even close...

But, I an running the TAP Pro numbers right now for comparison to AA; so stand by Gunnyart, let's see how AA stacks up...

Comment

Here is the same build from TAP Pro. As you will see, TAP Pro recommends a much stiffer arrow; as I thought when we first ran it in AA and as dk_ace pointed out yesterday.

Tap Pro...

I changed it just a tad, I use a 75 gr insert on this arrow to get a better ideal spine.As you can see in this image it is still North of 20% FOC.

Name:	GunnyartArrowV1.1.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24543249

Here is the spine break down, notice that we are very close to the ideal spine with the 275 gr of total tip weight, also, this is with the lighted nocks.

Name:	GunnyartArrowV1.0.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	24543250

Comment

Your (almost) perfect arrow Gunnyart...

I changes the length a little, I changed the tip weight a little and I used a Gold Tip Kinetic .200. As you can see, it is very close to perfect according to TAP Pro.

This is the arrow I would build. It doesn't have to be a Gold Tip, but a .200 spine is what you need. This also gets you the 250 gr a broadhead you wanted with an FOC still North of 20%.

Name:	GunnyartArrowV2.0.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24543252

Name:	GunnyartSpineV2.0.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24543253
                            Last edited by Rat; 06-23-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Those aren't his specs at all, not even close...

But, I an running the TAP Pro numbers right now for comparison to AA; so stand by Gunnyart, let's see how AA stacks up...
                              I think what happened here is you’re running gunnyart’s specs in gclyde’s thread. I thought you were posting arrow specs for gclyde, the OP, who shoots my specs. I don’t see gunnyart’s specs in this thread unless I just overlooked them somewhere.

I’ve been curious to try TAP. I like AA, but sometimes it does weird stuff that gets on my nerves. I’ve put in exactly the same setup twice and gotten very different results. Fortunately, I’ve done this enough to know that the first result wasn’t right.

D

Comment

We’ll crap. I just ordered some 350 spined VAP TKO Gamers. I may need to file the poundage back to make them work.

Comment

Working...
                                X