Hate a Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    yep, I remember when darn near every pick up truck had a rifle or two in the gun rack. Oh yeah, it was in the high school parking lot.

and no one ever got shot!!!!!
    I think you have selective memories....

the homicide rate has been trending downward for the last 50 years or so. maybe the types of homicides have changed and the media has certainly helped with the hype.

Comment

Having lived through interrupting an ex-con burglarizing my wife’s car in middle of the night, let me say this loud and clear to OP and anyone else that feels this move is a move they want to make. Don’t do it. Please, don’t do it. Don’t leave stuff in your car, lock the doors of the cars (2x check them before going to bed), install motion detector lights and have enough fire power ready should any bad guy step one inch into your house. But don’t find yourself barefoot in your driveway with an 870 pointed at a guys head.

And that’s not the scary part... The scary part was when the cop showed up. And of course waking up two weeks later and thinking, gee how different would my life be if I exerted a few pounds of pressure on my trigger finger and popped the guy .

Comment

UPDATE: HPD recovered the weapon!!!! Guy was arrested on another charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post

Glad to hear it.

Comment

He will be out tomorrow doing the same crap to support his drug habit

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              I’m torn on this. While I see your reasoning, and agree with the premise, part of me feels like this is kicking the can down the road. I feel at some point we have to stand up and defend what’s ours, or the cycle just continues. Again, I see your thought process and don’t necessarily disagree.
              Or start the "what if's" that go the other way. What if you peek out the window and say I'm not risking my safety... And then the thief runs across the street with your gun and kills a family?

And what if everyone just stood back and let people steal? I wonder how much would get stolen then....

It's not like the understaffed police department will catch them. And even if they do they wouldn't spend much time in prison. If I'm wrong on this then someone tell me how a guy can have an record with over 10 felony convictions and still not be in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post

That's dang good news! If they gave it back to you, it must not have been used in any homicides.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I will shoot a thief over a car, if at night or the thief threatens me or another with deadly force. Gender is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                  X