• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great

Comment

that looks amazing!

Comment

Awesome! I miss mine, just a little. Now is the time of year to swim. Come August you might be looking for a shade sail or something to help the water temp since you look to be pretty open there. Mine caught the afternoon sun lengthwise. In August it was warm bath water until I put a shadesail up and that dropped it 8-10 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. That rocks

Comment

Hint - this helps with the afternoon sun...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post

Shopping sylvertris and medjules now. Wow! They ain't cheap!!!

Comment

What color are your lights. Im changing mine soon. I like that color.

Comment

Let me know if you end up needing some young sago palms. You can dig them up off one of my larger ones (queen palm in my pic)

There is a guy on CL that is located just off 1960 that has pretty good prices. But his install gets you...

I ended up going to Big Tex and bought warranty on the queen palms for $100. Figure I will rebuy the warranty each year for $100 and they replace for free

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
                    What color are your lights. Im changing mine soon. I like that color.

I have multi color LED lights in mine. I'm pretty sure swampa went the same route

Comment

I have multi color LED lights in mine. I'm pretty sure swampa went the same route

Ok. Thats what im swapping to. Just like that color alot. Want to make sure its in my scheme on the lights i buy

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        Awesome! I miss mine, just a little. Now is the time of year to swim. Come August you might be looking for a shade sail or something to help the water temp since you look to be pretty open there. Mine caught the afternoon sun lengthwise. In August it was warm bath water until I put a shadesail up and that dropped it 8-10 degrees.

Not if you add aerators. I run mine at night, my pool is 88 degrees in August you get in and say ahhhhhhhh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How much did you save?

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            How much did you save?

A lot! This has been a very interesting event. I've started a pool company in the process. In the beginning it was just so various companies would quote me pricing, i.e. Equipment, stone, tile, fire bowls. I purchased any material needed myself and just paid labor to my guys, never hired a clean up crew, we did that ourselves. Got the equipment at cost which saved 50%. Originally the bids were high 70-low 80's for a smaller pool, cool deck or pea gravel deck, smaller raised wall with no fire bowls. I'd venture to say this is an exception to the norm but I'm 10-20 below those numbers.

Last edited by Swampa; 06-03-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

You got a 85k to 90k pool for 60k. You did a great job. Pool looks amazing. You probably already know this or will shortly that you will be selling the same pool you just built for 90k to customers. You will have to in order to pay for taxes, insurance, etc while still leaving you a little profit. It's not the great markup everyone thinks it is. If it was pool companys would go out of business left and right.

Comment

Wow great looking pool project.. the way I see things your little boys will probably be pool builders when they grow up.. they where shadowing those workers religiously..

Comment

Working...
                                X