Turkey's public lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
    Moore Plantation in Sabine NF has some turkeys.
    Any hogs there?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
      Any hogs there?
      yep, got them too.

Comment

I might just have to make it over there. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hogs are terrible on the turkey. Not to mention coons and other varmints. I know of several places in my area that had strong populations of birds 10 years back but the hogs have taken over. The state of Tx is gonna have to do something about the hogs. There killing the turkey population as well as other ground nesting birds. I know its not just the hogs but they're a major threat and not helping at all.

Comment

We have the hogs in the Sam but they a re very nocturnal and night hunting is out. You would think they would lax these laws, especially if they are going to release some birds.

For those that hunt the Moore plantation, what areas are better for toms or hogs? Not looking for honey hole info just general ideas since I have not ever been there and will not be able to scout the area.

From the maps it looks like I would expect the hogs more in the south near the water?

Comment

So as of today I am planning a trip to the Moore plantation to hunt eastern turkeys

Unless some chimes in and tells me of a public land to hunt rios

Comment

Working...
              X