Extreme Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Bowhunting

Just got back from a 2 day meat hunt with Extreme Bowhunting.
    This being my first high fence hunt of any kind I was a little skeptical and not sure on what to expect.
    I can gladly say I was pleasantly surprised.

Showed up Friday around noon and met Caleb and talked while we waited on the other guys. Caleb is a good guy and very knowledgeable on obviously the operation and hunting in general. Easy to talk to and makes you feel very welcome.

My first evening hunt I blew it.
    Sitting there seeing a few animals and a couple whitetail come in followed by two axis doe which were on my list.
    I guess this being the first exotic hunt and actually seeing my animal made me feel like I was 9 years old on my first deer.
    Don't get me wrong I still get pumped up and nervous as heck with every kill but my heart felt like it was coming out of my ears.

Than not being my excuse I just blew it and shot way to high. I did hit her but we never recovered her however, Caleb and his dog did everything they could to try.

I ended up with two pigs but saw countless other very healthy looking animals. The stags were in rut and hearing them call back and forth was neat.
    Really cool having opportunities at my target animals.
    The other guys hunting with me shot a couple sheep and pig but we all had plenty of chances to shoot.
    We didn't get the chance to spot and stalk goats in the canyons they have but that will be on my list next time I go which will be as soon as I can.

I highly recommend this ranch to anyone wanting to come out and have a good time, see some beautiful animals that are very challenging to hunt.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Any good Aoudad there?

Comment

Out of 4 hunts I saw aoudad twice.
        I think a total of about 8 and 2 I would of shot.
        I'm not an aoudad expert but out of the ones that came in they were significantly bigger.
        The guys that hunted a little further back than me saw more than me and he said a couple were pretty nice.

Comment

Glad to hear this. I have a hunt booked end of Feb and can't wait. Four of us headed down from NC to give it a whirl and see what goes.

Comment

There are some really nice aoudad out there. I have passed on a few and my buddy shot a stud 2 years ago.

Comment

Geezer you won't be disappointed.
              I really want to book a hunt in January or February.
              September was neat especially hearing the stags in rut but it was a little warm.
              Saw some awesome stags by the way. That might be what I go for next. I didn't realize how big they were until we got within about 40 yards of a few.

Comment

I have a deposit down on the 4 day package, but may just upgrade to the $2K package with the option on the stag when I get there. Going with my son and the 2 buddies I have made the Texas trek with for the last 3 years. It is kind of Christmas, birthday, anniversary, and July 4th all rolled in to one neat package. We just look on it as a big adventure, if we kill something good, if not, still good. I don't have to skin a critter to have a good time. If I never shoot another animal, I have still got more than my share anyway.

Comment

How do the stag look?

Comment

The 3 I saw were very nice looking but I know I heard atleast 5 or 6 different bulls.
                    Not real familiar with stag so as far as a stag on a high fence ranch they looked good to me.
                    I know when I saw that big sucker I immediately thought of ways to save up and get on one within a year or two.
                    The package that comes with the stag pretty much lets you kill anything else on the ranch.
                    I don't know if I can swing it for my next hunt but definitely gonna save up and get that package soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X