Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #101
buckybill
Ten Point

Hunt In: robert lee, aquilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
Not trying to freak you out more but someone doesnt have to die in the house.. They could have died close by or next door or been buried somewhere around your house.

Often spirits that dont have a direct connection like died in the house come and go as they please or may come once and never again.. Sometimes you never know they are even there and never will.
watched a program where the spirit attached themselves to the family and when they moved into a differnt house the spirit would be there within a few days. and he was the violent kind of spirit.
buckybill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #102
artadams
Four Point

Hunt In: Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow
Default Ghost hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach W View Post
I might take you up on that. These guys on here are making me freak a little. Where you located at?
I'm in San Antonio! @ Ft. Sam
artadams is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #103
Big Brass
Ten Point

Hunt In: SHNF

My parents' built their house in '79 on a lot where a young couple died in a tornado in the early 1900's. When they were leveling the lot they found a lot of bricks from the destroyed house the couple lived in. They used the bricks for walkways, a patio, and such.

I had the bedroom in the middle of the hallway. My parents decided to make me and my sister share the room at the end of the hall when we were little and make my bedroom into a playroom.

The nightmares were horrible. I would see shadows of little people run past the door. There would be large shadowy figures standing in the middle of the room. The center of the room would get cold at night.

After about 3 months I moved back into my old bedroom and everything went back to normal.

When I left for college my sister took over my old room. I came home the summer of my first year and ended up in the room at the end of the hall. The nightmares and shadow sightings were worse than ever. After 1 week at home I started sleeping on the couch and spent the rest of the summer there.

I haven't stayed in that room since.
Big Brass is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #104
Kingslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: I need a lease for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
We felt like it was the old lady that had died in our house that was the ghost because of what she didn't like. No liquor in sight, no clothes out until you needed to get dressed, keep the TV and radio down and don't work on her house.

The only thing that bothered the wife was that she was watching us in bed. I would always joke and say that was why she was mad, she was seeing some techniques that her old man didn't have.
Thats funny...lmao
Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #105
Carpe_diem
Ten Point

Hunt In: Taylor, Fisher, Jones Counties and TPW draw hunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robat noj View Post
My brothers best friend is blind...
he turned to walk away only to see it flying across the room
It's a miracle.
Carpe_diem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #106
Mac...
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney Corp. Where ever I can fill the feeders at!

If I was you and liked to jack with the ghost (or whatever) is leave all the cabinet doors open and they'd have no choice but to close em if they wanted to prove their point. Lol.
Mac... is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #107
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
It's a miracle.
GOOD ONE!
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #108
TxAg
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
It's a miracle.
i thought i was the only one that caught that, haha
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #109
brunner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County

Quote:
I might take you up on that. These guys on here are making me freak a little. Where you located at?
I want to come!
brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #110
brunner
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox1 View Post
Im a member of our VFD back home. Several years ago we had a trailer house fire. I had a friend staying with me for the weekend to do some duck hunting so he followed me to the fire in his personal truck just to snap some pics. The fire was no big deal, vacant trailer and ended up being a total loss. My buddy took several pics and when we got back to my house he downloaded them on my wifes computer but we never looked at them. The next morning while me and my buddy are hunting the wife starts going through the pics and finds one that was a little on the wierd side. Look at the door of the trailer and tell me what you see. I had to resize the pic so you might need to blow it back up to see it.
cropped
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #111
brunner
Pope & Young

When I was younger we were staying at Hunts Court cottages in Rockport and they were on the same lot area that my Papa used to live on as a child. We came back tot he cottage after visiting with my great aunt (Pa Pas sister who has a 6th sense) and went to bed. During the night my Pa Pa woke up and saw someone in the walk in closet with the light on. He said, "Verna, (my mom also my great grandmothers name) what are you doing in there?" there was no response. My Maw Maw woke up and looked and saw the same thing and said the again "Verna what are you doing in there?" thinking my mom was in the closet. Then the figure was gone. At that moment my Maw Maw looked at Pa Pa and said, "I smell the perfume Windsong (an old lady perfume)" and my Pa Pa said, "My mother use to wear that." The next morning my Great Aunt came over for coffee and breakfast and as soon as she walked through the door, she stopped dead in her tracks and says " I smell Windsong..." the entire family was wide eyed and silent. To this day my family feels it was my great grandmother who as in the closet and actually was murdered in Rockport when my Pa Pa was in Korea. Strange for sure.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #112
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

Yep, we had one. We named him Horris. Banker that owned the house in the 40s, built 1907, shot himself after a bank audit. He imbezzeled money from the bank, and thought the auditors had found out. Went home shot himself, but auditors didn't find out till they went back and did another audit, based on the suicide. Never anything mean or scary. We would just hear someone walking up and down the stairs at times, or someone walking upstairs when there was no one up there. Never worried us. Oh, and our house looked just like the Amityville Horror House. SOme of my friends wouldn't even come over right after that movie came out.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #113
Ground Checkin' Heavies
Ten Point

Hunt In: Freer, Tx

Stayed at a friends house one night in high school. They knew there was a ghost living in their house, but they neglected to tell me. (An old lady that had previously owned the home, had died there.) No alcohol was involved and the whole family was there. I go to sleep on the couch, and wake up in the middle of the night to the rocking chair, rocking. I get up and walk over and stop it. I get back to the couch and lay down, close my eyes. Not 10 seconds later, the chair starts rocking again. I go wake up my buddy, he says, it's just the old lady knitting, she does it all the time. I slept on the floor in his room that night. Never stayed there again.

Last edited by Ground Checkin' Heavies; 02-18-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Ground Checkin' Heavies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #114
Lafitte23
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
i thought i was the only one that caught that, haha
X2 here.
Lafitte23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #115
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

It's the old lady. She is not happy about the remodel. You have moved her cheese and she is upset. She is harmless. Just ask her to stop or leave. She will stop more than likely.
gekko man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #116
kfd82
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunner View Post
When I was younger we were staying at Hunts Court cottages in Rockport and they were on the same lot area that my Papa used to live on as a child. We came back tot he cottage after visiting with my great aunt (Pa Pas sister who has a 6th sense) and went to bed. During the night my Pa Pa woke up and saw someone in the walk in closet with the light on. He said, "Verna, (my mom also my great grandmothers name) what are you doing in there?" there was no response. My Maw Maw woke up and looked and saw the same thing and said the again "Verna what are you doing in there?" thinking my mom was in the closet. Then the figure was gone. At that moment my Maw Maw looked at Pa Pa and said, "I smell the perfume Windsong (an old lady perfume)" and my Pa Pa said, "My mother use to wear that." The next morning my Great Aunt came over for coffee and breakfast and as soon as she walked through the door, she stopped dead in her tracks and says " I smell Windsong..." the entire family was wide eyed and silent. To this day my family feels it was my great grandmother who as in the closet and actually was murdered in Rockport when my Pa Pa was in Korea. Strange for sure.
Have you told that story on here before? I swear I've heard almost that exact story from someone before.
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #117
kfd82
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko man View Post
It's the old lady. She is not happy about the remodel. You have moved her cheese and she is upset. She is harmless. Just ask her to stop or leave. She will stop more than likely.
I have heard many ghost "experts" say that very thing.

I used to drive a bunch at night and started listening to Coast to Coast AM on the radio. It was fairly funny and the people who called in were always a hoot! Almost every show was about either ghosts or aliens.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #118
artadams
Four Point

Hunt In: Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
They knew there was a ghost living in their house
Divide by 0 HUH?

Last edited by artadams; 02-18-2011 at 12:29 PM.
artadams is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #119
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

Well, I'm a Funeral Director of a morgue with over 300 people in it, let's just say I believe........
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #120
krausejmk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt68 View Post
Well, I'm a Funeral Director of a morgue with over 300 people in it, let's just say I believe........
now you gotta tell a story!
krausejmk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #121
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Quote:
Oh yeah, DO TELL!
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #122
BIG D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca, Zavala County

I could not handle it. I am a wuss when it comes to ghosts and could not even be in the house.
BIG D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #123
John Galt
Eight Point

Hunt In: Edwards County

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post
Have you told that story on here before? I swear I've heard almost that exact story from someone before.
x2 !

I've heard that story somewhere before!
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #124
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Gonna have to download the Ghost hunter M2 app for my iPhone now
huntingfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #125
Kweger
Four Point

Hunt In: Saint Jo Texas

As long as it's not trying to harm you, y'all should be ok. Also doing remodeling with aggravate ghosts if they are there which is probably why there was so much activity. I watch ghost hunters way to much...
Kweger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #126
Txbhunter1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx,Wi,Maine,Idaho,Co

I was testing a couple of my Cuddeback cams one day and one of the pic's it took was of the arms on my coat swaying like a stiff breeze had moved them. The kicker is there was no door or window open. Then a few months later while I was out of town, my wife heard my son's toy train start moving around the track with no one upstairs and then his grave digger monster truck spouted off "Grave Digger" real loud. We are figuring it is a small child that inhabits our house and as long as he is happy, so are we. Just don't ask to borrow the truck keys. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Txbhunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #127
dawgkllr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jermyn, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
The back of the house down to the lake is 1/4 mile walk. There is a nice stone walk way the entire way.. Well as we got older we got braver and braver to explore this land. The more we explored it the more we decided it was all lies and wasnt haunted or built on a grave yard. Well then one day going up those stairs one broke loose and tunred over. It was a dang tomb stone and so was all the other 15,000 stones used to make this stair way.......

Did they all have the same last name on them.....Ferris or Acme?

Sorry but I had do do it........
dawgkllr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #128
Coach W
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Dickens, Kent

OK guys yall have me convinced.

Im gonna put my two trail cams up when I get home. And will post here if anything happens over the weekend. I am going to put one on video (if I can figure it out) I have never ran video on mine. And the other on camera in the hallway. We will see whats up.
Coach W is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #129
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Trail cameras detect changes in ambient temperatures. Not sure if spooks cause such a change.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #130
Jaybo31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery County

Quote:
OK guys yall have me convinced.

Im gonna put my two trail cams up when I get home. And will post here if anything happens over the weekend. I am going to put one on video (if I can figure it out) I have never ran video on mine. And the other on camera in the hallway. We will see whats up.
Ha Ha! This has GOT to be a first! Live ghost hunting , I'll be keeping up with this one...subscribed!
Jaybo31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #131
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgkllr View Post

Naw, I heard there was a couple Thurbers in there!

Brick humor......I love it!
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #132
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

My wife hates this picture.....

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1298058685.084020.jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  24.7 KB
Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #133
txsteele
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Llano, Tx

Quote:
come on Kurt.......let's hear it
txsteele is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #134
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Not sure yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgkllr View Post

BIG IRON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #135
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfanatic View Post
Trail cameras detect changes in ambient temperatures. Not sure if spooks cause such a change.
Works on motion also though? If the doors are opening wouldnt it catch that?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #136
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

My wife thougt her grand father's (a different one) ghost came with the dinning room set that we got from her grand mother because the chairs were always in a different place every morning. So I put up a game camera to see what was going on. As it turned out, our bassett hound was using the chairs to scratch her back I had some fun with that one
Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #137
chunter79
Six Point

Hunt In: Grayson County and Folsom, NM

Maybe those cameras will catch something. There is an old house built way back in the late 1800's or early 1900's that a family friend of ours owns just up the road from my house. We run cattle on it and I have always thought that the old house was haunted. It was built by Collin McKinney for whom the county of Collin and the city of McKinney are named after. My uncle used to stay in the house some when it was getting broken into and he said that there was all kinds of wierd activities going on in there. I may have to go to the lease and get my cameras and set them up inside too. We have heard stories of some of the McKinney family was killed in the house or on the property but we can't confirm any of it.
chunter79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #138
ny bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ohio, Kentucky (New York pre 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG IRON View Post
My wife thougt her grand father's (a different one) ghost came with the dinning room set that we got from her grand mother because the chairs were always in a different place every morning. So I put up a game camera to see what was going on. As it turned out, our bassett hound was using the chairs to scratch her back I had some fun with that one
That made me laugh out loud!
ny bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #139
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Naw, I heard there was a couple Thurbers in there!

Brick humor......I love it!
So these three bricks walk into a bar.....
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #140
Coach W
Banned!!!

Alright Guys. Trail cams set. My wife saw em and thought I was nuts.

Then told me she saw the little boy setting on the couch last night when she got up to feed my lil guy!

Stay Tuned!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #141
Lafitte23
Ten Point

Quote:
Alright Guys. Trail cams set. My wife saw em and thought I was nuts.

Then told me she saw the little boy setting on the couch last night when she got up to feed my lil guy!

Stay Tuned!

I'll be tuned in @5:30am tomorrow from the edge of my seat!
Lafitte23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #142
Coach W
Banned!!!

Dont Hold Your Breathe for 5:30 AM! Days off usually dont begin Early!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #143
Ground Checkin' Heavies
Ten Point

Hunt In: Freer, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by artadams View Post
Divide by 0 HUH?
Not following you here....
Ground Checkin' Heavies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #144
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Ya I didnt get that either!

I did catch the blind man that SAW ghost!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #145
buckybill
Ten Point

Hunt In: robert lee, aquilla

Get one of those digital audio recorders and start asking questions you might get her to talk back
buckybill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #146
kfd82
Pope & Young

Quote:
I've seen all kinds of jokes about dividing by zero...from "Chuck Norris can divide by zero" to pictures of things that just make you ask "WTH is going on there?!!?" captioned with ...he divided by zero... or jokes about the universe ending if someone divides by zero.

Didnt really get the reference to your post though.

two examples :

Name:  Divide-by-zero-4.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  61.5 KB Name:  divide-by-zero-blog-safe.jpg
Views: 2333
Size:  30.5 KB

Last edited by kfd82; 02-18-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #147
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybill View Post
Get one of those digital audio recorders and start asking questions you might get her to talk back
No way!! If I get a pic someones gonna have to let us stay with them. If I heard a voice again.... idk. Wasnt a good feeling the first time.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #148
KBroyles
Six Point

Hunt In: Montague and cooke county

ok my husband and I are ghost hunters when we have the time. We had some interesting stuff happen in our first house which was my late father in law's (RIP) house we moved into. I never was scared, mostly he opened doors as I walked to them. I believe to this day it was my FIL. When we got a cat it wouldnt go in the hallway and when it did it would come racing back into the living room and once I started keeping my boxer in the house things stopped. It doesnt sound like any of your things are trying to hurt you or anything just state clearly that its your home and they are scaring your family and they can stop or they can leave. Another thing is if you are out of the house leave a tape recorder going in the middle of the house..stomp your feet and slam the door as you leave so you know its you. see what you catch of the recorder while your gone. My husband did that in his friends house and they heard people arguing, doors slamming, glass shattering..and nothing in the home was disturbed when they returned but the recording was creepy. they still live there but its nothing scary or harmful so they just live with it in peace.

Oh btw the friend's house we later found out was built over a cemetary that they headstone were moved but the bodies were left. they put in a cellar and it took 3-4 yrs to complete because they kept running into bodies

Last edited by KBroyles; 02-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
KBroyles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #149
wlo11
Ten Point

Hunt In: NV, TX and Idaho once

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBroyles View Post
ok my husband and I are ghost hunters when we have the time. We had some interesting stuff happen in our first house which was my late father in law's (RIP) house we moved into. I never was scared, mostly he opened doors as I walked to them. I believe to this day it was my FIL. When we got a cat it wouldnt go in the hallway and when it did it would come racing back into the living room and once I started keeping my boxer in the house things stopped. It doesnt sound like any of your things are trying to hurt you or anything just state clearly that its your home and they are scaring your family and they can stop or they can leave. Another thing is if you are out of the house leave a tape recorder going in the middle of the house..stomp your feet and slam the door as you leave so you know its you. see what you catch of the recorder while your gone. My husband did that in his friends house and they heard people arguing, doors slamming, glass shattering..and nothing in the home was disturbed when they returned but the recording was creepy. they still live there but its nothing scary or harmful so they just live with it in peace.

Oh btw the friend's house we later found out was built over a cemetary that they headstone were moved but the bodies were left. they put in a cellar and it took 3-4 yrs to complete because they kept running into bodies
that's a good idea with the tape recording. and regarding the body thing...as soon as i found one set of bones, the cellar would immediately be filled back in and the house would go up for sale.
wlo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #150
dharris
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

I can't wait to see the pictures.
dharris is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top