Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #51
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County

Don't laugh, but this thread is bringing back some spooky memories.
& FWIW, I canít believe Iím writing thisÖ..(maybe thatís a sign to not write it?)

As a kid I used to wake up to see people standing around my bed. Not a crowd, but one or two or three. Theyíd be just standing there looking at me and sometimes around my brother's bed as well. I'd close my eyes and high tail it out of there to my parentís room and sleep on the floor for the rest of the night.

It started on a family vacation to Maryland where we were staying in a large old home. I woke up to an old white lady with a black man standing in the doorway of this large room the adults put the kids in to sleep. She pointed at me and he walked over to my bed picked me up and laid me back down facing the other direction. I spun back around in the bed and they were gone.
The second time was staying the night at my auntís house, another person watching in the doorway.

From there it progressed to be a more common occurrence.
As I was getting older this was plain getting old. I remember one night trying to touch one of their hands but there was nothing tangible there.

I know most are going to say it was the imagination of a child, but back then I swear it was real. So much that I am getting goose bumps writing this.

No lie- it all stopped when I prayed to Jesus to make me not see the people any more.
One prayer and it ended.

Since they were never threatening figures I always considered them to be Angels of sorts. Hence why they went invisible when I asked for them to go away. No they weren't white with wings, just people standing there.

Great, now I'm all creeped out again.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #52
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

When I was 7 me and my mom and my brother were sitting in the living room watching tv.. The kitchen is open to the living room and the kitchen table is right there. The end chair on the table sits backed up to the carpet line. Well my mom had her jacket hanging on the chair and while we are sitting there watching tv the jacket starts swaying back and forth. No air conditioner on, no doors or windows on. We all looked at each other at the same time and was like WTH did you see that.

Dogs would stand their ground and bark bloody hell at nothing all the time.
TxSuperDad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #53
TXFireFighter
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX HillCountry, Granger WMA

My parents bought a house that an old man died in. It was built in the 20s and he lived in it all his life. Well we have stuff move around, doors open and close and what not every once in a while. I have woke up and saw a figure standing in the door way only to disappear. Lots of wierd stuff has happened but nothing violent luckily. Now when we hear stuff we just say "Oh its the old man doin something".
TXFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #54
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFireFighter View Post
My parents bought a house that an old man died in. It was built in the 20s and he lived in it all his life. Well we have stuff move around, doors open and close and what not every once in a while. I have woke up and saw a figure standing in the door way only to disappear. Lots of wierd stuff has happened but nothing violent luckily. Now when we hear stuff we just say "Oh its the old man doin something".
Lol we use to just call it some random name like Walter... Now its my Papa that does everything...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #55
wlo11
Ten Point

Hunt In: NV, TX and Idaho once

no freakin way would i be able to stay in any of these houses that ya'll are talking about. this kind of stuff freaks me out and im glad that i live in a newer house that no one died in. i'd be gone in a second if i saw anything like that
wlo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #56
TXFireFighter
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX HillCountry, Granger WMA

My aunt told me a story of one night when she was around 12 yrs old (shes now 50). They would visit my great grandmother in a small town in mexico where she lived and where my fathers side of the family is originally from. Anyways she told me she woke up one night and happened to look out the doorway (screendoor) (everyone slept with doors and windows open)where she saw an old woman riding a donkey that was being pulled by a boy down the road(please no donkey jokes..). She thought to her self that was odd since it was the middle of the night. She recognized the old lady as an old family friend that had a small shop/store down the road. She went back to sleep and the next day told my grandmother about seein the family friend on the donkey being walked down the street lastnight. My grandmother figured she had to be dreaming and didnt think much more of it. Well later that day they find out that the old lady had died the night before in her sleep! I thought it was pretty creepy.. i hope when i go out it aint on a dang donkey!
TXFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #57
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlo11 View Post
no freakin way would i be able to stay in any of these houses that ya'll are talking about. this kind of stuff freaks me out and im glad that i live in a newer house that no one died in. i'd be gone in a second if i saw anything like that
Not trying to freak you out more but someone doesnt have to die in the house.. They could have died close by or next door or been buried somewhere around your house.

Often spirits that dont have a direct connection like died in the house come and go as they please or may come once and never again.. Sometimes you never know they are even there and never will.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #58
wlo11
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
Not trying to freak you out more but someone doesnt have to die in the house.. They could have died close by or next door or been buried somewhere around your house.

Often spirits that dont have a direct connection like died in the house come and go as they please or may come once and never again.. Sometimes you never know they are even there and never will.
thanks.....
Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #59
TxSuperDad
Pope & Young

Lol sorry... Have a few shots of whiskey and you wont even remember this thread
Old 02-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #60
Epack
Ten Point

was at the station one night and the medics and firefighters share seperate quarters, well I had left my radio in the ambulance so i walked out to get it and their was a firefighter that walked past me wearing bunker pants and a tshirt as i walked into the Bay only to find that quint was gone on a call. 3am lol walked back in, fire quarters empty,kitchen empty,bathrooms empty asked the Fire guys the next morning if someone else would of been there and they said nope. spooked me!
Epack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #61
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County

Quote:
Too funny.
When we were house shopping for our second home we came across a GREAT deal of a house with new paint and carpet. the dollar amount wanted didn't match the square footage and age of the home so I asked the agent why the price was so low. She told us someone had been murdered in the house the prior year or so via a shotgun blast in the living room...bla..bla...bla..that is about all the words we heard as we beat feet straight out of that house.
Shotgun murder in a house with me working shiftwork wasn't going to happen, not by a longshot.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #62
wcg89
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wichita, Archer, Clay counties

Why did I decide to open this thread again?
wcg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 AM   #63
PigskinDave
Four Point

Hunt In: Public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach W View Post
2. One night I was doing some work late and called my dad for a question about some electrical stuff. While my cell phone was trying to ring it turned white noise and I heard the words in a old lady's voice: "Get Out!" I hung up and told my house off! I mean I really layed into it! Once I calmed down and realized I was alone I left!
I still remember watching the Amityville Horror a while back and saying to myself that if my house told me to "Get Out"............... I'm getting the @#$% out!
PigskinDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #64
wlo11
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigskinDave View Post
I still remember watching the Amityville Horror a while back and saying to myself that if my house told me to "Get Out"............... I'm getting the @#$% out!
i did the same thing...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 AM   #65
Murdock
Ten Point

Hunt In: COOKE COUNTY

WHAT THE #$%^? RUN DUDE RUN!! I dont know whats wrong with people. Dont you watch tv? Never stay in the house. Get your crap and go. They build new ones everday, go rent the movie paranormal activity and when the movie is over get them horses rollin down the highway.
Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #66
robat noj
Spike

Hunt In: any place i can

My brothers best friend is blind.he has told me that he has experienced spirits since he was young,good and bad.the most memorable event that he told me was when he was lying in bed and suddenly felt like something was strangling him and that he could not move no matter how hard he tried.after that happen he went into his moms room to retrieve a crucifix to hang on his wall.after hanging the crucifix on his wall he turned to walk away only to see it flying across the room and smashing on the opposite wall.this was not his first and will not be his last encounter with spirits.he has moved several times since this incident and says no matter where he goes it still occurs to this date.
robat noj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #67
jrad1967
Six Point

Hunt In: cass,smith co.

i took some pics of a "haunted" building in new orleans on a ghost tour a few yreas ago that came out having some "light orbs " in them. they say those could be ghosts in the pictures ! it was really creepy
jrad1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #68
billfromtx
Pope & Young

billfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #69
JimGates
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bertram, Texas

I went hunting in three rivers and the house we stayed in was haunted. I layed down in bed and the ceiling fan was on. I was almost asleep and I heard the ceiling fan stop. So I was thinkinf the power went off. I stood up and there was a strong smell of sulfer, and I got dizzy like I was drunk. The light switch was turned off. Freaked me the you know what out. I didnt believe in ghosts until then. Also around 3am I heard people talking in the kitchen and the microwave beeping. An old lady had died in that house two years before. Ya freaked me out.
JimGates is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #70
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Need to anoint you house with oil in the name of JESUS... BIND AND CURSE ALL FOWL SPIRITS BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST..
AMEN
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #71
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Bill View Post
Need to anoint you house with oil in the name of JESUS... BIND AND CURSE ALL FOWL SPIRITS BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST..
AMEN
Invite Bro Bill over. {Film it please}
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #72
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Not sure yet

Quote:
When we were looking for houses, my wife asked the realitor at every house if anyone had died there. I would give her a hard time about it. She bought a used car a few days ago and I asked the guy if anyone had died in it. I got one very puzzled look and one go to he// look.
BIG IRON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #73
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

We had a bunch of activity after my MIL passed from open cabinets, lights going off, radio changing station and volume and even seeing lights moving across the room. My wife has a story about seeing her dead grandfather the day of his funeral (suicide) that will freak anyone out
Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #74
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Man this stuff freaks me out, no way I could live in a house where stuff like that was happening!
Fightinaggies is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #75
southpaw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Halletsville,Tx.

Quote:
My wife has a Bichon (lil white fluffy dog) She will get up and stare and bark at nothing sometimes. Has wnet in rooms all proud like and left with her tail tucked yipping.

Not often but it has happened.

I had the trail cam set up in the living room before.

These incidents are few and far between. Four Years and it happens once or twice a month.
That's not too big a deal. My lab sees 'bugers' all the time that aren't there. It can be a little unnerving when it's just he and I a hunting camp.
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #76
BIG IRON
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epack View Post
was at the station one night and the medics and firefighters share seperate quarters, well I had left my radio in the ambulance so i walked out to get it and their was a firefighter that walked past me wearing bunker pants and a tshirt as i walked into the Bay only to find that quint was gone on a call. 3am lol walked back in, fire quarters empty,kitchen empty,bathrooms empty asked the Fire guys the next morning if someone else would of been there and they said nope. spooked me!
October called, it wants its avatar back

Had there been any firefighters from that station that had died?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #77
kfd82
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Backyard

Closest I've come to experiencing stuff like that was in an old rock house we used to live in. We had one of those touch lamps, that goes on and off, and has low med, high, when you touch it, and it would turn its self on and off.

We sold the lamp in a garage sale, but found out later that those kind of lamps tend to do that when they get older. So who knows.

My wife and my mother always said they could "feel" something in that house... I never noticed anything.
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #78
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

Too much calculus...Just sayin'
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #79
D C
Pope & Young

Our house was built in 1940 and the original owner died in the back bathroom about 14 years ago. He was a distant cousin to us and a really great guy. I always thought the house would be haunted but to this day nothing has happened.. Im extremely happy that nothing has ever happened to me like the things that some of you have witnessed..
D C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #80
Pablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shaws Bend and Fayette Co

I measure lots of old buildings being an architect and lots of times I'm working solo.

The most recent one was measuring the old Jim West Mansion in Clearlake. Sometimes I get a creepy feeling and seriously, I say a sincere "Our Father" prayer and I really feel that if a negative force is there it is then banished.

I've got a great Guardian Angel that has taken care of me thus far, but for sure I believe in ghosts, paranormal events, good and evil forces.

This is an interesting thread.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #81
kfd82
Pope & Young

Someone remember to bring this thread back up right before Bow season starts this year. Everyone who goes to the lease alone that weekend will thank you.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #82
kfd82
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I measure lots of old buildings being an architect and lots of times I'm working solo.

The most recent one was measuring the old Jim West Mansion in Clearlake. Sometimes I get a creepy feeling and seriously, I say a sincere "Our Father" prayer and I really feel that if a negative force is there it is then banished.

I've got a great Guardian Angel that has taken care of me thus far, but for sure I believe in ghosts, paranormal events, good and evil forces.

This is an interesting thread.
When I was in High School I knew an old man who was a cowboy on the West ranch. He had tons of great stories. None ghost related...I just figured I'd throw that in since you mentioned the West Mansion.

This fella was the father of the Clear Creek Ag teacher Mr Johnson, some of you from the area might know him.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #83
artadams
Four Point

Hunt In: Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow

Ok, first post here so please bear with me... I used to go Ghost hunting all the time, I would select a place people said were "haunted" and go for it. I have many stories, photos and video of strange things. I still have all the equipment like tri-field meters, EMF meters, non-contact thermos, infered cameras. You want help documenting any of it, let me know. -Art
artadams is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #84
Farmdog
Ten Point

you guys got some wild imaginary friends..its all in your mind
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #85
Scout Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Looking for a place close to home

Baby, I Love this house! "GET OUT" too bad we can't stay....
Scout Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #86
Coach W
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Dickens, Kent

Ok So last Night After posting this I Go check on my wife and child. All cabinets in the hall are closed. My wife and child are fast asleep. I go and turn off the lights and make sure the house is locked up. Turn the corner into the hall and one of the cabinet doors is open at a 90 degree angle. Like all the way open. Its just stuff like this.

To all those saying Move, No thanks, its just not bad. Its never mean stuff just weird stuff. Like cabinets being opened. And seeing the strage figure from time to time and then its gone.

I'm way meaner to them when they startle me than they are.

I have a game cam setting in the truck right now and have thought about setting it up. But what If I really catch something in the pics. Thats gonna Freak me out! So Im leaning towards NO!
Coach W is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #87
kfd82
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
you guys got some wild imaginary friends..its all in your mind
I thought remembered reading on here that your house was haunted by several ghosts as well?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #88
lovetohunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County

Try to take some pics of the ghosts.
lovetohunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #89
fox1
Ten Point

Location: East Texan by birth but spending all my time in Okl.
Hunt In: now accepting invitations

Im a member of our VFD back home. Several years ago we had a trailer house fire. I had a friend staying with me for the weekend to do some duck hunting so he followed me to the fire in his personal truck just to snap some pics. The fire was no big deal, vacant trailer and ended up being a total loss. My buddy took several pics and when we got back to my house he downloaded them on my wifes computer but we never looked at them. The next morning while me and my buddy are hunting the wife starts going through the pics and finds one that was a little on the wierd side. Look at the door of the trailer and tell me what you see. I had to resize the pic so you might need to blow it back up to see it.
Attached Images

fox1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #90
Jaybo31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery County

Looks like a woman looking out to me
Jaybo31 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #91
Coach W
Banned!!!

Naww I just blew it up its a tree in the foreground against the white and yellows of the fire inside
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #92
RGVBowHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I am invited...hint, hint..

Down on the bayou we don't mess with the gre gre...I'm just saying. Get a preacher or priest to release this people ti where they belong.
RGVBowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #93
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artadams View Post
Ok, first post here so please bear with me... I used to go Ghost hunting all the time, I would select a place people said were "haunted" and go for it. I have many stories, photos and video of strange things. I still have all the equipment like tri-field meters, EMF meters, non-contact thermos, infered cameras. You want help documenting any of it, let me know. -Art
I might take you up on that. These guys on here are making me freak a little. Where you located at?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #94
fox1
Ten Point

Quote:
Naww I just blew it up its a tree in the foreground against the white and yellows of the fire inside
Youre right but when we first looked at the pic it will sure make your head spin.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #95
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Looks like a lady with long hair. Did anyone die in this fire?
RiverRat00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #96
fox1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Bill View Post
AMEN
I agree 100% brother bill. When i first started on my journey to find Jesus it seemed like i had alot of weird interference, things i seen and heard and for no reason at all me and the wife would be at each others throats. We blessed our house in the name of Jesus and anointed the doors. The trouble seemed to go away the minute we were done.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #97
fox1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat00 View Post
Looks like a lady with long hair. Did anyone die in this fire?
No one died, the house was vacant but i went back in the day light just to make sure we didnt miss anything.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #98
Mac...
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney Corp. Where ever I can fill the feeders at!

Yall are freaking me out.
I don't have any stories but only one thing to add.

A buddy at work showed me a pic of his family wake for his Grandmother who passed.
The whole family showed up and they had a fire pit going outside. The next morning the fire was out. And his family decided to that it was time to take some pics before everyone left.
They took one infront of the fire pit. Something like 15-29 people in the photo. No big deal and nothing out of the ordinary. He made several copies of the photo to give to his family members and in one of the cipies, none of the others!, there was smoke from the fire pit in the form of a person.

I would have thought it was bogus but I saw it.
It was a print from the middle of the copies.
The back of the photos were numbered from the print shop.

Crazy stuff!
Mac... is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #99
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Ok So last Night After posting this I Go check on my wife and child. All cabinets in the hall are closed. My wife and child are fast asleep. I go and turn off the lights and make sure the house is locked up. Turn the corner into the hall and one of the cabinet doors is open at a 90 degree angle. Like all the way open. Its just stuff like this.

To all those saying Move, No thanks, its just not bad. Its never mean stuff just weird stuff. Like cabinets being opened. And seeing the strage figure from time to time and then its gone.

I'm way meaner to them when they startle me than they are.

I have a game cam setting in the truck right now and have thought about setting it up. But what If I really catch something in the pics. Thats gonna Freak me out! So Im leaning towards NO!
Like I said in earlier post sounds like poltergeist. Just does mischevious things. I left out all the cabinets open like your post. Things like that were too numerous too list. We never felt threatened or felt bad vibes.
One night while watching TV in bed with my wife something at the bedroom door caught my eye. For a brief second I could see an outline of a elderly man in a hat then it was gone. I didn't say anything to my wife until she looked at me and said "did you see that? I said yes and she said the man in the hat ??? I just nodded. Only time we saw him. About 5 months later I was visiting an elderly aunt and the subject came up. . Before I could tell her what I had seen she told me that sometimes when she is in her living room she can look towards the kitchen and see an elderly man in a hat standing in her kitchen. Now this is not a lady that believes in ghosts so this pretty much convinced me on the whole deal. Wondering if it's old family member
huntingfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #100
SwineAssassiN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bastrop co. Brazoria co.

this thread is makin me freak out.
SwineAssassiN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top