No announcement yet.

Im torn. Which one would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually just put the od green 308 on my Christmas list. Not buying into the whole 6.5 fad.

Comment

Kumathebear on this BB is picking up one of those up today. Betcha you can pick his brain on that specific burnt bronze model.
      Kumas post on this gun.

I have a few Ruger Americans and I wish I would have waited to buy one of them. The new .223/5.56 models take AR mags. The adjustable trigger is good and they are accurate.
      Dang good rifles for the price. I'd go green and save $75.

Comment

That is why I waited for my Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 5.56. Takes the Mag-Pul AR style magazines, 25% of the cost of a rotary Ruger mag. I happen to like the OD Green and can spray any color I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Imma OD Green guy myself.......anna .308 guy too!
          Me too. I've actually already got an OD one in .308, but the standard .308 predator has an 18" barrel, which is why I bought it. The Go Wild .308 and both 6.5"s have 22" barrels. I just really want to try a 6.5 Creedmoor. A buddy of mine has one, and he loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            How many times have you shot 5 times at a deer?
            Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              10 out of 10, Id go with the 308
              I already have a Predator in .308, but it has an 18" barrel. The Go Wild .308 has a 22" barrel. I love my shorter barrel in the one I have, because it easier to use in some of my stands that are in the middle of the woods. I'm just really wanting to try out the 6.5. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Comment

my brother has killed alot of stuff with his 6.5 Creedmore.He loves the gun

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  How many times have you shot 5 times at a deer?

Reminds me of a governor speech in NY....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUm1sxA6Us&app=desktop"]No One Need Ten Bullets To Kill A Deer - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'd go green

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      Kumathebear on this BB is picking up one of those up today. Betcha you can pick his brain on that specific burnt bronze model.
                      Kumas post on this gun.

I have a few Ruger Americans and I wish I would have waited to buy one of them. The new .223/5.56 models take AR mags. The adjustable trigger is good and they are accurate.
                      I posted just now (Other side of the Ranch forum OP) one of my son's and I picked it up today in the 7mm-08. New it was $489 and we both loved it! Now, to clarify and provide some "expert" observation...not from me but my son. We have several in the 6.5 (CM & Grendel), both Savage and Ruger but wanted something really unique thus this Ruger American in Go Wild Camo/Bronze finish.

Jake, as many on the GS know, is a sniper qualified Staff Sgt, now a DI and has shot many rifles all his life so maybe that qualifies regarding experience. HE LOVED the burnt bronze action and barrel. He also liked the overall feel and bolt cycle. Keep in mind, he's used to shooting rifles I could not even imagine to own in the military. It also has an adjustable trigger that's easy to turn down to 3lbs if you want.

The finish is NOT as bright as depicted in pictures, but at least for us it is very unique and different from anything we have ever had. Magpul does make a 10 round magazine, by the way and the dealer ordered us one. 10 rounds, nah...but if playing with a bunch of hogs it will be fun.

I had also played with the idea of having a matching scope and rings (limited factory availability on both) but we both decided just go black mat and it looks great to us. Sure, you can have any scope cerakoted this color but after we mounted the scope and rings it suited us.

Overall we both really like this model but it's always per one's preference. Me and the 3 son's all like Ruger, but of course we are not trained to make the LONG distance shots my Military Son does in Harm's Way!

At least for this model, pay a few extra $$ for the Go Wild Camo...new but really a looker..for us anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        Kumas post on this gun.

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                        I posted just now (Other side of the Ranch forum OP) one of my son's and I picked it up today in the 7mm-08. New it was $489 and we both loved it! Now, to clarify and provide some "expert" observation...not from me but my son. We have several in the 6.5 (CM & Grendel), both Savage and Ruger but wanted something really unique thus this Ruger American in Go Wild Camo/Bronze finish.

Jake, as many on the GS know, is a sniper qualified Staff Sgt, now a DI and has shot many rifles all his life so maybe that qualifies regarding experience. HE LOVED the burnt bronze action and barrel. He also liked the overall feel and bolt cycle. Keep in mind, he's used to shooting rifles I could not even imagine to own in the military. It also has an adjustable trigger that's easy to turn down to 3lbs if you want.

The finish is NOT as bright as depicted in pictures, but at least for us it is very unique and different from anything we have ever had. Magpul does make a 10 round magazine, by the way and the dealer ordered us one. 10 rounds, nah...but if playing with a bunch of hogs it will be fun.

I had also played with the idea of having a matching scope and rings (limited factory availability on both) but we both decided just go black mat and it looks great to us. Sure, you can have any scope cerakoted this color but after we mounted the scope and rings it suited us.

Overall we both really like this model but it's always per one's preference. Me and the 3 son's all like Ruger, but of course we are not trained to make the LONG distance shots my Military Son does in Harm's Way!

At least for this model, pay a few extra $$ for the Go Wild Camo...new but really a looker..for us anyway!!

See...what I told ya, when I told ya...aha.

Comment

I would get what you want. Get the one that you get behind and just feels better. I’m not a 30 cal guy so I’d get the 6.5. The BC of 30 cals just does not excite me. 29 Nosler and the 7mm are impressive

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I would get what you want. Get the one that you get behind and just feels better. I’m not a 30 cal guy so I’d get the 6.5. The BC of 30 cals just does not excite me. 29 Nosler and the 7mm are impressive

Never seen a 29 Nosler and the 308 and 6.5 do the exact same thing when you shoot them.....the deer dies.

I wish we could come up with a way to have an honest survey and determine the mean distance of every deer killed by guys on TBH for a year. I bet you’d find that a 243 would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with above. It depends on what you want to do with gun. I’ve been starting to stretch out some.

Comment

I decided, at the last minute, to go ahead and get the Go Wild; after he knocked another $25 off. It's was $500 + tax. I paid $541 OTD. The other would have been $460 OTD, so I spent an extra $81 to get one that didn't look exactly like my hunting buddy's 6.5. Now I can't wait to see how it shoots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X