No announcement yet.

Finding God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pray that regardless of what your outcome is with your wife, you will find the Lord in your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I pray that regardless of what your outcome is with your wife, you will find the Lord in your heart.
      Amen!

Will be prayin for ya'll

Comment

Faith based Counseling 101...

If your wife is a Christian, there is no teaching of Jesus that permits her to seek divorce in the manner described and declare an irreconcilable relationship...that unwillingness to address the spiritual aspect (refusal for prayer partners) of the relationship speaks volumes.

Something more is at hand. The attitude described is not one participating in a healthy relationship with Christ.

As to your faith... "if we are faithless, He remains faithful"

Keep seeking regardless of circumstances...praying for you and the Mrs.

Comment

She is going to blow up at times with talking and back and forth. I'm sure you know what areas you need improvement. Actions speak louder than words. So take the time to stop talking and start acting.

Be the best person you can be for you. If you lose out, and in the end you may. You will have made yourself a better person for your future. Also gives you some positivity to build on.

Comment

Long story short you need to believe in God then try and focus on everything that happens (good and bad) and see how he turns it into good. Some of the worst things he can turn into good but start small.

BTW - As a Christian woman the Bible is clear she should not divorce you. Not unless you're cheating on her or if you (being a non-believer) want a divorce.

Mind me asking what denomination she follows? Maybe the two of you searching to get closer to God will mend the marriage? That's total speculation. Maybe you looking to find God as a way to save your marriage is the path God's using to get you to see him and start down the right path.

Comment

1. Checkout the book/movie Fire Proof.
              2. You can only change you.
              3. God is the only one that can change her heart.
              4. You need biblically based marraige counseling.
              5. If she refuses to go, you go by yourself.

Its incredible the things can happen when you put Christ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                Been going through a really rough patch lately. My wife told me she wants to get divorced out of the blue on Fathers Day.
                Came as a shock to all our friends and despite many people trying to help, nothing has changed.. Part of our problem has been i border somewhere between agnostic and atheist depending on how mad i am at the world. She claims to be Christian but not a regular church goer. Today i bumped into a man i know who listened to my trials and we had a long discussion about church, religious devotion and how you need to put God at the center of your marriage. Well i sure never did that, and when i mentioned my discussions today and how my church going friend wanted to pray with us she blew up. Stormed out and said it was over no matter who was praying. She said given my past lack of faith this was just a ploy to win her back. Now im conflicted because the lack of faith was a problem. i was down, felt a bit of a peace during my discussions with my friend, and when i shared it, the reaction was horrible. Kinda put me back in my mad at the world place pretty quickly. All that being said, how do you find God? How did you keep the faith so to speak? Were you down and reached out?
                Not sure how much investigation has gone into your agnosticism and atheism, but your lack of belief in gods could be reasonable. If the truth of the matter was presently known, life might be a lot easier...or maybe not.

Humans are complex sentient beings. The study of how we perceive things, formulate opinions and develop beliefs is fascinating. Positive counsel makes us feel better, especially in troubled times. I felt quite a bit of peace last week when my doctor explained my colonoscopy results, as I had cause for concern prior to the procedure.

I think the important thing is to be true to yourself. In my opinion, being a theist or an atheist should be about what you sincerely believe and don't believe, not about what others would like you to believe, what you hope to be true or what you find convenient and comforting.

I'm not currently a believer, but it took me almost 30 years of adulthood and many months of investigation, contemplation and introspection to sincerely reevaluate my inherited beliefs free from the influence of family and societal culture. I'd be lying if I said this conversion hasn't significantly changed my own personal life and my approach to life in general.

What I can tell you with certainty is that if you don't end up finding sincere reasons to believe in God, you are not alone. There are many people out there for you to enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful life with whether you are a believer or not.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post

A lot of excellent advice above...but this one is of utmost importance. I had to realize a few years ago, that no matter what else happened in life, I had to get the help/advice/guidance that I needed to get my own life straightened out. It had become too easy to blame everyone else for all that happened in life...yet when I finally opened my eyes to the truth of the matter, I realized that I needed to get my own life straight for MY OWN BENEFIT! No matter what anyone else decided to do, I had to figure out my own path and get peace for my own self. I won't sit here and say that I've batted 1.000 over the last 9 years, but since I renewed my relationship with God, life has been so much more peaceful. Challenges that I face today will get me down from time to time, but I don't "spin out" over them like I would have 10-15-20 years ago. Find peace for your own life, that isn't predicated on someone else's choices/decisions...and no matter what anyone else chooses, you'll be better equipped to handle the day to day matters of life.

As far as the wife is concerned...sometimes humans need to see proof before we believe. It doesn't make us less of a person, it's just human nature. But don't focus on her attitude about what you're doing, focus on a daily relationship with God. Make your way to the woods, climb up in a tree, and as the world comes to life around you, spend a few moments communicating with Him...He created all that you see, for your enjoyment...and I find those moments some of the most refreshing times, just me and God and nature without any distractions

I'll be praying for you both

Comment

Finding God?

Great advice from many who are more religious savy than I.

My .02c
                    Believing God/Jesus exist doesn’t make one a Christian no more than believing Satan exist makes someone a devil worshiper.

From what little I know of the situation- it appears she’s looking for someone that not only believes in the existence - but lives a Christian (God fearing) lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Pray, pray, and then pray somemore. Once you truly accept him as lord and savior he will show you the way and what he has planned. I would be willing to say your wife is fighting some demons of her own and her reasoning of wanting a divorce was easy to blame on your faith or lack there of. Keep praying and seeking God. Hope it all works out for you.

I agree with this 100%.

Pray without ceasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

god listens so talk to him , he`s always on duty waiting to hear from us all . ask him what his plan is for you . and do your best to follow , it worked for me in a similar situation and the outcome was awesome. cause he does not make mistakes !

Comment

I've seen God reconcile some very seemingly hopeless situations in marriages. Pray and keep praying.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post

Great advice. That movie speaks volumes. It’s eye opening.

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                              I've seen God reconcile some very seemingly hopeless situations in marriages. Pray and keep praying.
                              I can testify. I hated my wife, that’s a strong term and I’m ashamed to admit it, but it was the truth. God redeemed her, broke her of addiction and crushed my hardened heart. That was 6 years and 2 kids ago.We have a different marriage today, as long as we keep it Christ centered

Comment

I can’t speak to your situation, but I can say that the only faith I have came from being down and looking for something to fill a gap in my life. I was raised in a Christian home but did not have any real faith.
                                What worked for me is I basically was hurting and started hanging out with a group of friends that went to my moms church. For me it wasn’t a light switch that went off and all of the sudden I had a tremendous relationship with God. I slowly gained faith by giving in to some of the thoughts and feelings I had. After 20 years of this slow growth I feel like I have a good relationship with God.

All that being said, IMO it’s not about how you get there, just being willing to have a relationship with God can be enough to get started.

Comment

Working...
                                X