Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country
Default Terry Thompson Trial

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Terry Thompson will go back to court after a judge declared a mistrial Saturday.

“It has been determined that Terry Thompson will be tried again for this homicide -- allowing a jury of his peers to resolve this case,” Ogg said in a written statement.

Scot Courtney, Thompson's attorney, said the jury voted 11-1 not guilty on murder, 10-2 not guilty on manslaughter and 8-4 not guilty on criminally negligent homicide. He said all 12 jurors agreed that self-defense law applied but two jurors could not acquit Thompson.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/t..._content=kprc2

How exactly is going to another trail?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Ridiculous.
CRM_95 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Big C
Six Point

Hunt In: Nolan, Coke, Fisher Counties

Wow. Some bs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
sailor
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

It's going back to trial, because they didn't get
the verdict they wanted...….
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #5
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
the verdict they wanted...Ö.
Not exactly.

The jury had one or two that couldn't get with the program of the rest. I mean at least one juror thinkss he's guilty of murder???!!!
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Not exactly.

The jury had one or two that couldn't get with the program of the rest. I mean at least one juror thinkss he's guilty of murder???!!!

Watching the news it seems as if everyone else thinks he murdered him too. I honestly dont understand why he was even charged. Involuntary homicide maybe. ( or whatever its called here )
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #7
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Watching the news it seems as if everyone else thinks he murdered him too. I honestly dont understand why he was even charged. Involuntary homicide maybe. ( or whatever its called here )
That's the media for ya. And most folks believe them and don't know a key factor...

Murder requires INTENT I seriously doubt he planned to kill the guy.

Murder was the wrong charge from the get go. Negligent homicide maybe if you can prove recklessness. The new trial will be moved out of Harris county. Bet on it
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
rockyraider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Out West

Quote:
That's not how it works. If they would have gotten a not guilty verdict, there would be no retrial. The issue is that there was a mistrial, which typically results in a retrial, which appears to be what's happening in this case. The issue is that juries are made up of human beings with emotions that are sometimes not aligned with the rule of law. Jurors are given instruction by the judge in these types of trials, to try to take emotion out of the equation. Obviously, this doesn't always happen.

"Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that prevents an accused person from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges and on the same facts, following a valid acquittal or conviction"
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 PM   #9
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

The insanity of Harris county.
Lungbustr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #10
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

This is the guy that choked the drunk guy to death with his wife watching him?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #11
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Yes
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #12
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas
Default Terry Thompson Trial

Quote:

Yes and the same guy that was in the middle of the parking lot with his junk out in front of his wife. Dude was drunk as a skunk and terry went to confront him. Not guilty is my verdict.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
manwitaplan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 10:30 PM   #13
chicken fried
Six Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings,TX

The news only shows a small amount of it.
chicken fried is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #14
RMW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Down South

Looks like the right guy got the death penalty to me. Libs are wasting their time.
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #15
tvc184
Pope & Young

1. Lesser included offenses.

2. Fifth Amendment (google is your friend).
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:01 AM   #16
dac6933
Pope & Young

Effing witch hunt.
dac6933 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:23 AM   #17
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Who’s terry Thompson
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:58 AM   #18
Starman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard Co.

So, from what I understand, the dead guy was legally drunk times 2 or 3, had gotten into a fight inside the restaurant, was outside and peeing , the defendant was there with his wife and children, called out the dead guy for peeing in front of his family.

Dead guy proceeds to slug the defendant in the face, defendant tackles dead guy and puts him in a choke hold, waiting for the police to arrive.

Dead guy struggles, eventually dies.

The DA charges defendant with murder, which it clearly wasnít.

Jury hung 11-1 for acquittal on murder charge, 10-2 on manslaughter, 8-4 on negligent homicide.

Mistrial, and the liberal DA Office is going to prosecute the defendant again.

Am I forgetting anything?
Starman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 AM   #19
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
So, from what I understand, the dead guy was legally drunk times 2 or 3, had gotten into a fight inside the restaurant, was outside and peeing , the defendant was there with his wife and children, called out the dead guy for peeing in front of his family.

Dead guy proceeds to slug the defendant in the face, defendant tackles dead guy and puts him in a choke hold, waiting for the police to arrive.

Jury hung 11-1 for acquittal on murder charge, 10-2 on manslaughter, 8-4 on negligent homicide.

To be honest walking away is the best answer I have. Drunks are drunks and I have been around a bunch. Calling out people is asking for trouble and he found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 02:30 AM   #20
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Lots of people get drunk and or high and do stupid stuff. It’s one thing if the stupid actions are endangering the lives of others but to urinate in public ... Does that warrant a death penalty for them?? SMH if anyone believes so. Don’t know all the circumstances or facts so take my opinion for what it is: if you take a persons life and charges are appropriate than a trial should follow; just my .02.

Last edited by Pedernal; 06-26-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 02:40 AM   #21
PYBUCK
Ten Point

Hunt In: Upton County

Bet he wishes he would have just called the law then turned and walked away. Not murder. Involuntary manslaughter-probably.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #22
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post

Terry should have just shot the drunk. Stupid drunk continued to struggle because he stopped breathing from the choke hold Terry had on him. When someone is choking you, just remain calm and go out......should only take less than a minute. DA overcharged this innocent bystander.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:18 AM   #23
shawn
Ten Point

Hunt In: without a lease this go around.

it sure as hell wasn't self defense. this terry guy wasn't applying the choke correctly. a blood choke would have made him pass out. this guy air choked him to death. regardless, he took another mans life for be drunk. who elected him judge and jury.
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #24
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Lots of people get drunk and or high and do stupid stuff. Itís one thing if the stupid actions are endangering the lives of others but to urinate in public ... Does that warrant a death penalty for them?? SMH if anyone believes so. Donít know all the circumstances or facts so take my opinion for what it is: if you take a persons life and charges are appropriate than a trial should follow; just my .02.
I get what you're saying. And no, being drunk and stupid does NOT warrant the death penalty. I just don't believe there was any intent to kill him, or probably to hurt him even.

The guy was peeing in front of some women and kids, and got called out on it. I can see anybody getting mad at a drunk for that and saying something especially if their wife or little kids were there. Then the drunk swung at him, and they ended up on the ground with the victim being held down.

The reason I say I don't think he even intended to hurt him, is because all he appears to be doing is holding/controlling him. He's not striking or anything else, even though he was in the position where he could have roughed this dude up pretty good. I think he was just a big dude and ended up killing the guy on accident. So criminally negligent homicide at the most...no way it's straight up murder.
CRM_95 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 06:46 AM   #25
kmitchl
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co

Without attending the trial we only hear what the news media wants us to hear and from some of the comments on here some heard different news than others. Regardless, unless the attorneys agreed to defend him pro bono he is probably financially ruined. A second trial only digs a deeper hole. The lesson for all is it’s better to walk away unless someone is at risk of serious bodily harm.
kmitchl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #26
6.5 shooter
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Not exactly.

Could be the other way around too.
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #27
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
To be honest walking away is the best answer I have. Drunks are drunks and I have been around a bunch. Calling out people is asking for trouble and he found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's precisely how Spiderman's uncle got killed.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 07:27 AM   #28
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Could be the other way around too.
Except it wasnt.....

" Courtney, Thompson's attorney, said the jury voted 11-1 not guilty on murder, 10-2 not guilty on manslaughter and 8-4 not guilty on criminally negligent homicide. He said all 12 jurors agreed that self-defense law applied but two jurors could not acquit Thompson"
Old 06-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #29
FVR JR
Six Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

Murder has to have intent. Regardless of whether Thompson should or shouldn't have got involved, it wasn't murder IMO. Should he have left it alone? Yes. Do I care about a dead drunk? No. The fact is the prosecution overcharged and got a hung jury, so will just tee it up again until they get the verdict they want. Add in all the media hyperbole and you get justice, the american way.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #30
miket
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM_95 View Post
I get what you're saying. And no, being drunk and stupid does NOT warrant the death penalty. I just don't believe there was any intent to kill him, or probably to hurt him even.

The guy was peeing in front of some women and kids, and got called out on it. I can see anybody getting mad at a drunk for that and saying something especially if their wife or little kids were there. Then the drunk swung at him, and they ended up on the ground with the victim being held down.

The reason I say I don't think he even intended to hurt him, is because all he appears to be doing is holding/controlling him. He's not striking or anything else, even though he was in the position where he could have roughed this dude up pretty good. I think he was just a big dude and ended up killing the guy on accident. So criminally negligent homicide at the most...no way it's straight up murder.
Yep. Nowhere in the video I have seen does it look like he was trying to kill him. He was trying to subdue him. The way I see it if someone is exposing themselves to children he needs to be stopped. The guy basically brought his own death to himself. I have no sympathy for him.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #31
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

5 words....

George Soros backed Kim Ogg
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #32
MetalMan2004
Six Point

Quote:
Yep. Nowhere in the video I have seen does it look like he was trying to kill him. He was trying to subdue him. The way I see it if someone is exposing themselves to children he needs to be stopped. The guy basically brought his own death to himself. I have no sympathy for him.
If everyone who did something really stupid (drunk or sober) was worthy of being killed there wouldnít be a soul left on earth.
MetalMan2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #33
bfrank91
Six Point

Hunt In: My Back Yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
Whoís terry Thompson
A White guy that choked a Mexican to death while his wife help restrain him.
bfrank91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #34
miket
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
If everyone who did something really stupid (drunk or sober) was worthy of being killed there wouldnít be a soul left on earth.
Well, thats not exactly how it works.....some folks drink and drive. Most have lived, some have died. When they die, they basically brought death upon themselves. Maybe didnt " deserve" it, but thats one of the possible consequences. When you expose yourself to children, it is possible someone will stop you. If you resist and fight you may be killed. You could possibly die any time you fight, drunk or not.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #35
JonW
Six Point

Hunt In: Tennessee, Ohio, Texas

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Terry-Thompson-12225

Regardless of intent, he held him down until he died while he struggled for his last breath. He didn't intend to murder him, but his actions do make him responsible for his death in some way-and that's up to a jury to decide.

In most situations it's wise to avoid a confrontation with a drunk, even if you posses MMA skills. I bet even Thompson can can reflect back and possibly walk away if he had to do it again.
JonW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #36
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well, thats not exactly how it works.....some folks drink and drive. Most have lived, some have died. When they die, they basically brought death upon themselves. Maybe didnt " deserve" it, but thats one of the possible consequences. When you expose yourself to children, it is possible someone will stop you. If you resist and fight you may be killed. You could possibly die any time you fight, drunk or not.
Yep...drunkard had it coming. Never heard the drunk mexican exposed himself. If he hadn't resisted to be choked out, he may still be here today.

Crazy the they fired Terry's wife though....she seemed to help the situation.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #37
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Terry-Thompson-12225

Regardless of intent, he held him down until he died while he struggled for his last breath. He didn't intend to murder him, but his actions do make him responsible for his death in some way-and that's up to a jury to decide.

In most situations it's wise to avoid a confrontation with a drunk, even if you posses MMA skills. I bet even Thompson can can reflect back and possibly walk away if he had to do it again.
I see he was choked into submission i round 2 @ 1:44. Maybe was was practicing on the drunk guy.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #38
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

[QUOTE=Traildust;13450385]Yep...drunkard

Are yall aware that another person at Dennys called 911 on Hernandez long before the altercation with Thompson?

Hernandez tried to fight Blake Wise as he was leaving and Hernandez was arriving.,
He also threatened him that he had a 40 cal. Implying that he would shoot him. Wise called 911 because of the threat, and because he was wasted driving around with a 3 year old in the vehicle.

Once inside Hernandez left the table at the restaurant to go urinate outside the front door. This is where Thompson addressed Hernandez about exposing himself to him and his family. Hernandez attacked Thompson at this point. After Thompson got on top of the enraged drunk, he tried to maintain control of his attacker until the police arrived.

Hernandez died from Thompsons weight pushing down on his body. I wonder how much Hernandez's .204 blood alchohol level had to do with not being able to breathe as good also. His blood was taken 3 hrs after the incident, so it was actually higher than that.

The trial also revealed that Hernandez would get violent when he was drunk, admitted by his baby momma. 3 months prior she called 911 for being assaulted and choked by him.

We are talking about the accidental death of a violent drunk while one of his victims was defending himself. The media has really tried to turn the public against Thompson. Murder should have never been on the table in this case at all.

From what I have heard so far I couldn't convict him of anything.
Lungbustr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #39
Winman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Zapata,San Ignacio,Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Terry Thompson will go back to court after a judge declared a mistrial Saturday.

ďIt has been determined that Terry Thompson will be tried again for this homicide -- allowing a jury of his peers to resolve this case,Ē Ogg said in a written statement.

Scot Courtney, Thompson's attorney, said the jury voted 11-1 not guilty on murder, 10-2 not guilty on manslaughter and 8-4 not guilty on criminally negligent homicide. He said all 12 jurors agreed that self-defense law applied but two jurors could not acquit Thompson.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/t..._content=kprc2

How exactly is going to another trail?
Quote:
Sounds like it to me also....but it may not...after she has time to think about it...it's not up to her alone to take it back to trial.
Winman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #40
tx_basser
Four Point

Hunt In: Any place Public

I believe he is culpable for the mans death, and there should be some kind of penalty. I think the DA went after too much and this is the result.
tx_basser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #41
Traildust
Pope & Young

[quote=Lungbustr;13450455]
Quote:
Yep...drunkard

Are yall aware that another person at Dennys called 911 on Hernandez long before the altercation with Thompson?

Hernandez tried to fight Blake Wise as he was leaving and Hernandez was arriving.,
He also threatened him that he had a 40 cal. Implying that he would shoot him. Wise called 911 because of the threat, and because he was wasted driving around with a 3 year old in the vehicle.

Once inside Hernandez left the table at the restaurant to go urinate outside the front door. This is where Thompson addressed Hernandez about exposing himself to him and his family. Hernandez attacked Thompson at this point. After Thompson got on top of the enraged drunk, he tried to maintain control of his attacker until the police arrived.

Hernandez died from Thompsons weight pushing down on his body. I wonder how much Hernandez's .204 blood alchohol level had to do with not being able to breathe as good also. His blood was taken 3 hrs after the incident, so it was actually higher than that.

The trial also revealed that Hernandez would get violent when he was drunk, admitted by his baby momma. 3 months prior she called 911 for being assaulted and choked by him.

We are talking about the accidental death of a violent drunk while one of his victims was defending himself. The media has really tried to turn the public against Thompson. Murder should have never been on the table in this case at all.

Medical Examiner said he died from lack of oxygen. Cause of death listed as murder. He may get convicted on criminal changes, but I bet he loses on the civil.
I'm all for whoopin someones arse.....but he should have known he was killing the guy. Then again, he's 0-3 so maybe he didn't.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #42
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I read the dead guy died something like 3 days after the incident. Which makes it hard to believe that he died from lack of oxygen.

Also dont really see how a guy who was **** drunk could put this kind of a shiner on someone.
Attached Images

batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #43
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Lots of people get drunk and or high and do stupid stuff. Itís one thing if the stupid actions are endangering the lives of others but to urinate in public ... Does that warrant a death penalty for them?? SMH if anyone believes so. Donít know all the circumstances or facts so take my opinion for what it is: if you take a persons life and charges are appropriate than a trial should follow; just my .02.
Things changed when the drunk assaulted the guy. Doesn't have anything to do with drunk and peeing at that point.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #44
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I read the dead guy died something like 3 days after the incident. Which makes it hard to believe that he died from lack of oxygen.

Also dont really see how a guy who was **** drunk could put this kind of a shiner on someone.
Coma.....and a headbutt
Old 06-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #45
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

When I first started following this story based purely off of Channel 2 News reports I thought Terry deserved some kind of conviction. When the trial started up I started seeing the FULL story and no longer feel Terry should deserve a conviction. He was doing what half fathers probably would do in the same situation if a guy is exposing himself to your kids while urinating. When the drunk then clocked Terry in the eye......the drunk set forth his fate. A fate it seems he was destined to find one way or another according to his previous history.
The fact that his wife was an officer, they both are white and the dead guy is hispanic is the only reason this has received the news coverage it has. If this would have been black on black we wouldn't have even known it ever happened. To quote Jesse....Miller Time.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #46
txhunter007
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
When I first started following this story based purely off of Channel 2 News reports I thought Terry deserved some kind of conviction. When the trial started up I started seeing the FULL story and no longer feel Terry should deserve a conviction. He was doing what half fathers probably would do in the same situation if a guy is exposing himself to your kids while urinating. When the drunk then clocked Terry in the eye......the drunk set forth his fate. A fate it seems he was destined to find one way or another according to his previous history.
The fact that his wife was an officer, they both are white and the dead guy is hispanic is the only reason this has received the news coverage it has. If this would have been black on black we wouldn't have even known it ever happened. To quote Jesse....Miller Time.
Exactly.
txhunter007 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #47
droebuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard County

[quote=Lungbustr;13450455]
Quote:
Yep...drunkard

And then there is this, the truth that came out during the trail. You don't see this part of the story in the headlines, total waste of tax payer money.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #48
MetalMan2004
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
Things changed when the drunk assaulted the guy. Doesn't have anything to do with drunk and peeing at that point.
Iím thinking things changed when Terry decided to confront a drunk guy when he didnít need to.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is something worth thinking about ahead of time. The ultimate goal is to protect the family day in and day out, not just one night at 2am at a Dennyís. With that in mind he had two options. He could have waited inside with the women and children until the cops got there or the drunk guy left. In that case the drunk guy goes to jail and everyone goes home 30 minutes later than they wanted.

Option 2 is to go confront him when you donít have too and put yourself at risk. If Terry had taken the former route heíd still be a hero to the kids he protected and heíd still be around to continue protecting his family. Instead he took the latter choice and is at best financially ruined, at worst in jail and financially ruined. Plus he has a manís death weighing on his mind for the rest of his life.
MetalMan2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #49
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
Iím thinking things changed when Terry decided to confront a drunk guy when he didnít need to.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is something worth thinking about ahead of time. The ultimate goal is to protect the family day in and day out, not just one night at 2am at a Dennyís. With that in mind he had two options. He could have waited inside with the women and children until the cops got there or the drunk guy left. In that case the drunk guy goes to jail and everyone goes home 30 minutes later than they wanted.

Option 2 is to go confront him when you donít have too and put yourself at risk. If Terry had taken the former route heíd still be a hero to the kids he protected and heíd still be around to continue protecting his family. Instead he took the latter choice and is at best financially ruined, at worst in jail and financially ruined. Plus he has a manís death weighing on his mind for the rest of his life.
Yep and the folks at the Alamo could have ran and saved their lives as well.
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #50
doublearrow
Ten Point

A drunk violent man driving around with a 3 year old in the car threatens a man with a .40 call gun then dies when someone has the balls to confront him about peeing in front of his family?
Put me on the jury and after I give my not guilty vote, I will shake Terry's hand for ridding the world of another nasty POS human.
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top