No announcement yet.

Reports of Shots Fired at Santa Fe High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pounding the pavement like always today & listening to sat radio...if you can catch it in it's entirety, try to find more about the gal I 'think' was being interviewed by cavuto.

She was hard core on getting into the internal solutions aspect & helping the future kids who may be inclined to commit such on the very front end. I need to google the name and see if she has a book / reference as what little I caught was fascinating. Again, i think it was cavuto but she would not get sucked into the gun control rabbit hole he tried to take her & was quote impressed where she was taking me (albeit a smack portion of what i caught) with the subject matter

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      You too are missing the boat. As was mentioned in another thread, many of us had total and complete access to our dad's guns when we were young, and we dang sure didn't do these shootings. We could have. Dude, when I was I high school we often had a gun in the gun rack. AT SCHOOL.

I know. I get it but it was just a different time back then. Mass murder just wasn’t on the radar but now kids these days are just exposed to different inputs like sensationalized news, websites and video games (not to mention checked-out parents) that have altered their perception of reality and what’s acceptable behavior.

We have to do something. Maybe the first and easiest step is to make it impossible for our kids to get access to a weapon from our home... and make parents liable if it’s determined they were negligent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
        I know. I get it but it was just a different time back then. Mass murder just wasn’t on the radar but now kids these days are just exposed to different inputs like sensationalized news, websites and video games (not to mention checked-out parents) that have altered their perception of reality and what’s acceptable behavior.

We have to do something. Maybe the first and easiest step is to make it impossible for our kids to get access to a weapon from our home... and make parents liable if it’s determined they were negligent.
        skiguy you just spoke to the exact things that need to be addressed. You are not ever going to fix something by fixing something else - that ain't broke.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          skiguy you just spoke to the exact things that need to be addressed. You are not ever going to fix something by fixing something else - that ain't broke.
          Exactly, but sensational news is not going to stop, and kids playing video games is not going to stop, nor or the various websites that kids have access to going to go away.

Comment

First off please define “kid”
            When I was in 9th grade I started guiding duck hunts professionally which meant guns were most always present in my vehicle during certain times of the year this included many days while at school too. Therefore your “solution” would mean that I would not have had access to a tool which allowed me to earn money and gain independence and grow from being a “kid” to a grown man.
            You don’t take things from people to make them more responsible you educate them so they become more responsible. In my mind you aren’t talking about “kids” as it relates to the Santa Fe shooter, this was a 17 yr old young man and that distinction has to be clear.
            STOP TRYING TO TAKE GUNS AWAY OR MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS TO HAVE GUNS, including “kids”. This is not the answer, you are only treating a symptom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's no solution at all. Teach kids the value of human life, be involved with them, if you have guns in the house teach them to respect the guns and how to handle them. Guns aren't the problem, our society is the problem. I don't have a solution but I can tell you what you are saying would do nothing.

My parents didn't give me access to beer or snuff in high school but guess what I did anyways. They weren't buying me rubbers telling me to go have fun but guess what I did anyways.

What they did do was start buying me guns at 5 or 6 and I had access to them alone by 11-12 but somehow I managed to avoid shooting anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                That's no solution at all. Teach kids the value of human life, be involved with them, if you have guns in the house teach them to respect the guns and how to handle them. Guns aren't the problem, our society is the problem. I don't have a solution but I can tell you what you are saying would do nothing.

My parents didn't give me access to beer or snuff in high school but guess what I did anyways. They weren't buying me rubbers telling me to go have fun but guess what I did anyways.

What they did do was start buying me guns at 5 or 6 and I had access to them alone by 11-12 but somehow I managed to avoid shooting anyone.
                Trying to reprogram parents and kids might be a great long term solution, but I highly doubt you would ever see any positive results. Trying to intervene in that many peoples lives is a pipe dream.

We need to focus on stopping the shooter at the entrance door. A good guy with a gun.

Comment

This right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Trying to reprogram parents and kids might be a great long term solution, but I highly doubt you would ever see any positive results. Trying to intervene in that many peoples lives is a pipe dream.

We need to focus on stopping the shooter at the entrance door. A good guy with a gun.
                      Very true. We can go on and about root causes - bad parenting, video games, "kicking God out of schools," (whatever that means) social media, etc. But none of those things can be changed by government action. The only thing that governments can do is take more security measures on school properties. I am not optimistic that will reduce the overall mass murder body count however, the venues will just change from schools to somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Very true. We can go on and about root causes - bad parenting, video games, "kicking God out of schools," (whatever that means) social media, etc. But none of those things can be changed by government action. The only thing that governments can do is take more security measures on school properties. I am not optimistic that will reduce the overall mass murder body count however, the venues will just change from schools to somewhere else.
                        So why chase your tail then?

I'm against vast security measures for a few reasons. One is because that puts a huge smile on the guys who take, use, steal taxpayer money. We all know they waste so much it's stupid. And you guys of all people should know without a doubt the government (including ISDs) will not put reasonable security measures in place without squandering billions.

If society lets people become lazy POS's by not making them have jobs, by allowing people to do whatever they want etc. (this could go on for a while) then society gets what's coming...which is crazy people.

I still say we need a great depression in order for people to wake up and get back to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          So why chase your tail then?

I'm against vast security measures for a few reasons. One is because that puts a huge smile on the guys who take, use, steal taxpayer money. We all know they waste so much it's stupid. And you guys of all people should know without a doubt the government (including ISDs) will not put reasonable security measures in place without squandering billions.

If society lets people become lazy POS's by not making them have jobs, by allowing people to do whatever they want etc. (this could go on for a while) then society gets what's coming...which is crazy people.

I still say we need a great depression in order for people to wake up and get back to reality.
                          Have any of these shooters been lazy POS without jobs? You've stated that a few times. I'm remembering some past threads of yours now....

Seems everyone is against you....right?

Comment

As promised here’s the details and hope some of y’all can make it. If you’d like to donate something for the silent auction and raffles contact me on here or at 361-675-6302. Thanks and God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X