Hogs in Jasper County??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs in Jasper County??

Getting on a lease in Buna, TX and wanted to know if there's good Hog hunting there. I'm mostly getting on it for just hog hunting in the off-season since it's close to home just wanted to see if anyone hunts around that area. Mostly all timber company from what I understand.

That area should be plentiful with walkin bacon

Comment

If you feed they will come! Hunted near that area and hogs are plenty. Esp in off season throw corn once late evening and one after sunset.

Comment

More than you bear!!!

Comment

Did you say it was in Texas??? Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
            Did you say it was in Texas??? Jk

Lol you'd be surprised. We are lucky that we don't have any at our farm a few miles North of here which is weird because down the road from us we've seen them just lucky enough to never have them at our place

Comment

Hard to say. I lease 140 acres just west of Jasper which is land locked between two other leases and about a mile or two from another big lease as the crow flies. All of which have hogs on them. I've seen a little hog sign on my 140 acres one year out of the 10 that I've had it leased but have never seen hogs. There's no water source on my lease which is why I think they aren't there.

Comment

Yeah, you should see some. We are covered in them about ten miles S

Comment

If it's close to a creek or river you should be good, I have a lease south of Jasper and we dont have hogs on cam but once or twice a month the lease next to use claim to be overrun. Feed year round and they will likely stay in the area

Comment

I live in Buna and was on a lease here for 3 years. In those 3 years I saw 1 pig on camera and very little signs of hogs anywhere. However, I know numerous people in the hunting club adjacent to mine on the river bottom and several other clubs.....they say they have hogs all over their lease. I think the key is finding them near water

A player and student of mine comes to class every week showing me pictures and videos of them catching hogs on the weekend. They never have to leave Buna! He did say they rarely see them on camera or at feeders...but they are everywhere.

What club are you joining??

Comment

Like Ray Stephens would say: “they’re everywhere, they’re everywhere!”

Comment

Im between buna and kirbyville, and we are covered up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
                          I live in Buna and was on a lease here for 3 years. In those 3 years I saw 1 pig on camera and very little signs of hogs anywhere. However, I know numerous people in the hunting club adjacent to mine on the river bottom and several other clubs.....they say they have hogs all over their lease. I think the key is finding them near water

A player and student of mine comes to class every week showing me pictures and videos of them catching hogs on the weekend. They never have to leave Buna! He did say they rarely see them on camera or at feeders...but they are everywhere.

What club are you joining??

I'm not sure of the name yet it's off of 62 in supposed to go Friday to see it

Comment

Working...
                          X