Sling w/ Bling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sling w/ Bling

Just finished up this sling for lovemylegacy and I'll be making one for my 700sps next. This is black drum dyed premium leather and I hand dyed the rough side. Hand tooled and stitched up with some goldish brown thread to pop!

Hope you enjoy it friend and threw a cap in for kicks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

You are a skilled craftsman.

Comment

Wow, that’s really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
          You are a skilled craftsman.
          Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
          Wow, that’s really nice!
          Thank you guys!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That looks sweet!

Comment

good work!

Comment

Yeah, thats nice! You my man are a fine craftsman. Thanx

Comment

Nice work, I've admired your work now for a while. I'm an amateur leather worker, and when I say amateur, I'm a true amateur compared to a truly gifted craftsman. I've made quiet a few trapper style sheaths and a couple belts. I have a ton to learn, but I can certainly appreciate the attention to detail that you put into your work. I'd love to learn more about carving and how to properly tool carved western work. My biggest problem is that I'm so busy with work and my daily life that I build something, then its two weeks before I do something else. Its very difficult to be consistent and to get better being this inconsistent.

I'd love to built a couple slings. I'm guessing you cut your own blanks and then sew them yourself? I'd love to find a high quality sling blank that I could tool and finish. The only thing I've found is the Tandy kit and I'm not too sure about their quality. What type of sewing machine do you use? I'd love to have a machine as it would cut down on build times greatly but I just can't justify the cost vs the time I'd have to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                      Very nice!
                      Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                      That looks sweet!
                      Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                      good work!
                      Thank you, this was a fun one to mix it up on colors. I like the black for the green, Grey and black stocks!

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                        Nice work, I've admired your work now for a while. I'm an amateur leather worker, and when I say amateur, I'm a true amateur compared to a truly gifted craftsman. I've made quiet a few trapper style sheaths and a couple belts. I have a ton to learn, but I can certainly appreciate the attention to detail that you put into your work. I'd love to learn more about carving and how to properly tool carved western work. My biggest problem is that I'm so busy with work and my daily life that I build something, then its two weeks before I do something else. Its very difficult to be consistent and to get better being this inconsistent.

I'd love to built a couple slings. I'm guessing you cut your own blanks and then sew them yourself? I'd love to find a high quality sling blank that I could tool and finish. The only thing I've found is the Tandy kit and I'm not too sure about their quality. What type of sewing machine do you use? I'd love to have a machine as it would cut down on build times greatly but I just can't justify the cost vs the time I'd have to use it.
                        Thanks friend. I dedicate most evenings and many weekend daytimes to knocking out projects and it’s a difficult balance for sure. I cut my own leather but as you mentioned you can try the blanks at Tandy. They will be decent leather for tooling and carving but won’t hold the tooling as well as premium leathers. I picked up the Leather Machine Company Cobra 4 premium and it’s an awesome tool. I wouldn’t spend that kind of money without practicing a good bit and knowing you plan to stick with it a while as they are an investment. Look forward to seeing your work.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          Yeah, thats nice! You my man are a fine craftsman. Thanx
                          Thanks man, looking forward to seeing it on that machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                            Thanks man, looking forward to seeing it on that machine!
                            Pictures to come

Comment

Well I'll say it again -- SWEET!!

Comment

Working...
                              X