Snake scare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake scare!

Well I took Cooper (4 years old) to the big ranch and Sat.eve around 9pm he was 30 feet away from the camp fire on the bunkhouse porch and when the mule started behind the bunkhouse he ran over to me getting out of the way .... Well when the mule came around the corner of the bunkhouse the headlights were on a good 4 footer with 7-8 rattles .. quick yell and fast draw from my .38 with rat shot and all was good but it was about 3 feet from where he jumped off the porch. Come on freeze! I won't take him back until it freezes a few times.
    Last edited by Scout; 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM.

We killed a big rattle rthis weekend in Maverick county also. Ready for a freeze also.

Comment

Glad nothing bad came from the close encounter! I hate me some snake.

Comment

Thanks ya and no kidding

Comment

Scary glad you got him, KAS

Comment

A good snake is a dead snake.

Comment

A buddy of mine killed a 5' rattler with 16 rattles Saturday night. He walked out on the porch to relieve himself, and noticed the snake on top of his beer cooler. He said he needed to clean his drawers after that encounter. This was near Wichita Falls

Comment

Saw one this Morning before daylight. Luckily he rattled and I saw him in time with the flashlight. No gun close and he got away.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  Saw one this Morning before daylight. Luckily he rattled and I saw him in time with the flashlight. No gun close and he got away.
                  Good deal! No rattles for us and we have killed 6 this year.

Comment

Glad all is good.

Comment

Man that was a scarey situation for sure! I hate rattlers as I have a hearing loss and can't hear them if they do rattle!

Comment

Mother Nature...

Deal with it

Comment

Amen We need To Hurry And a Cool Off

Comment

My 6 year old and I were at the lease in Edna the day before thanksgiving. Throwing rocks in a mostly dry creekbed making plenty of noise and a rattle bug came right towards us. He even slid and fell about 7ft to make it down towards us. Dispatched it with extreme prejudice though. Never seen one act like that.

Comment

No rattle for me a cpl weekends ago..I was getting into the blind and something hit the door on the other side..It was Mr Rattlebug and I was in shorts and hiking boots...He didnt get away a rock fell on him..

Comment

Working...
                              X