What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
    Read through this entire thread. - Someday I will get a real camper.

Here is my current off the grid homemade pop up... Primitive by the standard you guys set.

Great for 1-2 night stay on the move.

On the flip side I have no issues pulling.

We started out tent camping and loved it. Rigged up a window unit so we could sleep comfortably. From there I got a POS old popup off Craigslist, remodeled it and traveled all over the south before purchasing the RV we have now. There is nothing wrong with your setup at all...actually pretty smart and slick. Gets you off the ground and keeps you dry. I dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We weren’t happy with the shades I. The camper. Too bright for the kiddo to nap during the day and pretty bright in the early morning as well. Searched online but didn’t want to hundreds of dollars or see silver reflective from the outside. Also wanted to be able to see out a bit. $30 for two rolls of solar screen at Home Depot and I think we are set. Used finishing washer and some off the frame screws. Cut to fit once installed. Doesn’t look to impressive but should be about right in the bright sun.

Comment

I apologize if this has been asked, but I have a 2004 Yukon Denali with 6.0, it says it will pull 8000lbs but I don't want anything that big, especially since the truck has 125k miles on it.

What's the biggest you guys would pull with this truck? Ideally we would like something with bunk beds and a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          I apologize if this has been asked, but I have a 2004 Yukon Denali with 6.0, it says it will pull 8000lbs but I don't want anything that big, especially since the truck has 125k miles on it.

What's the biggest you guys would pull with this truck? Ideally we would like something with bunk beds and a shower.
          What it will tow and what it should tow are different. Open up the driver side door it will tell you a weight of the cargo that can go in vehicle. So then add up weight of people and other cargo you will normally have in vehicle and subtract that from the number inside door. The remaining weight is how much the tongue weight of the trailer can be. Use 10-12% of the loaded weight of the trailer.
          My truck will haul 2170 lbs of cargo.
          Passengers, camping equipment ect roughly 600 lbs.
          I have 1570 lbs of available cargo weight left.
          Trailer weighs 9,900 lbs loaded. 10-12% of that should be tongue weight. So subtract another 1188 lbs.
          I have 382 lbs of weight left for cargo.
          You will find if folks go by thank weight that the truck is advertised to pull alot of trailers are too big.
          I'm sure there is a fudge factor built into the available cargo weight but I don't try to overload by a wide margin.

Comment

No updates in a while from anyone. We spent a weekend in New Braunfels in early June but didn't get any good pictures. Finally got the RV to the point of just being ready to roll. I did build a small cabinet with a counter top for the coffee pot. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to finally get the fuel tank fixed. Forest River took a while to figure out the fix. Probably wont get it back out until the fall. It's dang hot around Texas at the moment. Anyone camped around Ft. Davis?

Comment

headed out to Bonham state park next Tuesday thru Sunday. Ready for some down time

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                No updates in a while from anyone. We spent a weekend in New Braunfels in early June but didn't get any good pictures. Finally got the RV to the point of just being ready to roll. I did build a small cabinet with a counter top for the coffee pot. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to finally get the fuel tank fixed. Forest River took a while to figure out the fix. Probably wont get it back out until the fall. It's dang hot around Texas at the moment. Anyone camped around Ft. Davis?

Our RV has lived at Seadrift for the past six months. As of late all we have done is fish and not any traveling. We will be heading to Big Bend this Autumn though.

We have camped at Ft. Davis and really enjoyed it. Check out the McDonald Observatory! Also, every day we had a BUNCH of javi’s invade our campsite to rummage through the fire pit for leftovers.

Hopefully the dealer will get your rig in and out with no more issues!!!

Comment

just an FYI there is a great deal on a coleman roadtrip grill in the classifieds--we have one and love it

Comment

Second week of June we took off for Estes Park Colorado. Stayed one night in Trinidad on the way up. We had made reservations to stay at Riverview RV park in Loveland which was a short very nice drive from Estes Park. Our site backed right up to the river, my son would fish while I was cooking dinner in the evenings. We had a blast. Fisinf, hiking, finding a hidden waterfall, picnic on the hikes, buffalo ranch, we are definitely ready to go back. If we can find somewhere open next weekend we will take a short trip to Timberon or Ruidoso. September I will be headed back to Colorado for Elk, and October I will head to Utah for Elk.

Comment

Anyone ever stayed at vineyards campground on Lake Grapevine?

Looking for a couple of places close to home for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My in laws stayed there last month and really liked it, but they said it was expensive.

Comment

I hauled the camper to Lake Hawkins Tuesday after work. It’s only 25 minuets from home so I’m driving back to work every day while kids stay and swim with grandparents who are camping there as well. Will stay through Sunday. Awesome white sand beach and clean lake with awesome fireworks too.

Good spot booked in Destin a few weeks ago. About waited too long. Missed the one we typically get in ft Walton had to go just east of Destin this time. I’ll put new tires on when I get back this next week. These factory Bangkok knockoffs are 2.5 years old and scare the &$&% out of me. I LIKE GOOD TIRES

Comment

Went all the way. 2016 Jayco 377 RLBH. Going to take a quick trip to Canyon Lake in August.

Comment

Washed and waxed the camper Saturday and reapply uv treatment to roof. Got new tires last week. Leave for Destin Saturday am.

Nice looking jayco ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

For the costs of new trailers today and a rig to pull them, you can sure stay in a lot of nice places for a long time.
                                .......and leave the bed unmade as you walk out the door......

Comment

Working...
                                X