Bowhunting Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting Mexico?

I know this is the best place to ask this question. I may have an opportunity to get on a 12K acre ranch 30-40 minutes into Mexico with 8 people I know. Deer are huge, but need some advise from people who hunt there and is it safe. I feel good about it so far. Need to know the good, bad & ugly. Thanks!
    Last edited by ibowtech; 12-18-2015, 04:12 PM.

The good...lots of big deer...and I mean HUGE...the bad...it takes too dang long to get to your stand because there is 1000s of acres to hunt...the ugly....well...we do have a few rattlesnakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      The good...lots of big deer...and I mean HUGE...the bad...it takes too dang long to get to your stand because there is 1000s of acres to hunt...the ugly....well...we do have a few rattlesnakes!
      Hunting Tilden for many years, I can handle rattlesnakes. Everywhere and big

Comment

Everybody that hunts in Mexico says it is absolutely safe! They have hunted down there many times and have not been killed once.

Comment

Go with someone that has experience and knows the ins and outs!

Comment

All Depends on The Area to be able to give you honest answers

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Everybody that hunts in Mexico says it is absolutely safe! They have hunted down there many times and have not been killed once.
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                All Depends on The Area to be able to give you honest answers
                X2

Comment

Safe, Yes. Frankly I would rather be where I am in Mx. than much of the property adjoining the river on the Tx. side. Dangerous over there.

VERY useful to have someone knowing the ropes to facilitate border crossing , paper work,logistics etc. Also be prepared to know exactly what to do to cross deer, capes etc. thru U.S. customs back to the U.S. I've had far more problems with U.S. customs than I ever had in Mexico

Comment

Working...
                  X