Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy

Comment

If that was a 3D foam deer, I'd give it to you. IMO Too high of a spot to aim with a bow. Great rifle shot entry/exit.

My guess, based on the 2 holes I think I am supposed to be looking at and the fact that it is still alive is a completely ducked/loaded deer who has both shoulders load high up and forward with your arrow passing through where the backstrap meets the neck muscle.

next time you have a warm dead deer on the skinning rack, take both shoulders and roll them forward and you can see the alignment I am talking about. Remember, the shoulder isn't actually physically attached to the animal by another bone... just ligaments and muscle... it is what makes them ninjas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        She is clearly Shooting way high in that video..
        The arrow is past the deer, over its back, before it ever gets close to the center of the projected circle.. She was shooting high by 10"-12". The bow was not the issue.. Shooting skills were the issue..
        the point of the video was to show how far forward the shoulders move in relation to the chest when the deer drop at the sound of the shot.....still doesn't explain a sucking chest wound on both sides if in fact there is a hole in the chest cavity, the lungs should collapse.

Comment

Let me guess... Rage?

Comment

Deer has crazy weird anatomy or photoshop prank.....guys saying it's to high and forward, i'm not seeing it.

Comment

Well he’s headed to the blind this morning hope he gets him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I concur.............

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                  I wanted to say this but was afraid I'd be crucified by the masses. I think the vitals were just missed. Just my opinion.
                  Yup, looks too far forward to me as well.

Good luck getting on him again.

D.

Comment

Very bizarre.

Comment

Looks touch high and a touch a couple inches forward. My guess above the heart and ahead of the lungs, luckily for the deer missed any arteries. Could of killed him but 1/100000 shot that just missed anything vital.

Comment

If you are relying on a pneumothorax to kill a deer, good luck. Bow killed deer die from blood loss or spinal cord injury.

I shot a bobcat once with a .243 and it had a hole about the size of a lacrosse ball in the wall of its chest cavity. We put it in the back of the truck and proceeded to get the truck stuck. Fell asleep waiting for help and woke up to a racket in the bed of truck. That bobcat was doing it's best to get away. This was a good hour later I would say. I could see it's lung inside the hole in it's side. He was dispatched post haste. Do you know what they do when a patient comes in with a collapsed lung? They cut a hole in the wall of their chest cavity to let it re-inflate.

Comment

No luck this morning. Try again tonight

Comment

Shot a doe in the "sweet spot" quite a few years ago early in the season. Never found her. Around Christmas she was taken thinking it was a healthy doe. Found my fixed blade Montec in her opposite side elbow, holes in both sides of her chest and both front lung lobes black and shriveled. You cannot tell me that an animal shot in the lungs cannot survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehuntress View Post
                              Shot a doe in the "sweet spot" quite a few years ago early in the season. Never found her. Around Christmas she was taken thinking it was a healthy doe. Found my fixed blade Montec in her opposite side elbow, holes in both sides of her chest and both front lung lobes black and shriveled. You cannot tell me that an animal shot in the lungs cannot survive.

Wow![emoji106]

Comment

Update: On 12/15/19 the hunter put another arrow through this buck, this time his arrow passed through dead middle of the rib cage using a G5 Montec broadhead. Slight blood trail and he could not find the buck now for a second time. Next morning went out scoured the area with no luck.
                                Fast forward to this past Saturday. The buck shows up on trail camera, alive and skinny with two pass through holes in his body. Sunday morning the hunter goes back to the stand. The buck now named The Zombie Buck comes out and he puts a 3rd arrow through this buck. 20 m inutes later they found Zombie dead. I will post pics in a minute

Comment

Working...
                                X