Outdoor TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor TV

I'm having a patio cover put on at the back of the house. Want an outdoor TV to watch while cooking or relaxing. Anyone put a regular TV outside? The ones for outdoors sure are pricey. I figured I could buy 3-4 regular ones for the price of an outdoor one. It will be completely out of the weather and I'll build a box around it to keep it somewhat protected. Looking for a reason to spend or not spend the extra money. Probably going to be in the 45-55" size.

Can't say I've ever seen anyone buy a outdoor rated TV. As long as it's not going to get hit by rain, you will be fine with a normal one. In the off chance it has an issue, you can buy a replacement and still be ahead..

Comment

Yeh never heard of an “outdoor specific” tv. I got a Vizeo 42” non-smart TV and hung it on back porch on the brick and have it on a mount that swings out quite a bit to face any direction I need it to. TV was only like $200-250 or so. I keep a cover on it when not in use to help with the elements but I don’t think it’s in harms way anyway

Comment

I’ve got a regular tv on my outside porch/kitchen area.
        Has worked just fine.

Comment

Go with regular TV. Just buy a good cover for when it's not being used. They are cheap on amazon. My buddy bought "outdoor" TV's and he is not happy with the picture on them.

Comment

I put one of the Roku TV’s on my back porch. It’s been out there for 3 years with no issues, but I did pull it indeed for Harvey. I also like that all I had to do was plug it in and connect it to wifi, so setup was simple

Comment

What I’ve seen from the outdoor TVs is they have a sealed aluminum shell and about a 30-40% brighter display.

I’m on the fence whether I’m going to get one or just get a regular TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would definitely buy the extended warranty for using the TV outside. The humidity could damage the unit. I've seen covers for the outside tv's, but if the humidity is trapped, you could be compounding the issue. Like mentioned above the Roku TV 4K is great. My Roku tv is used in our upstairs and is only connected by wifi and runs great. Actually runs much better that the Samsung POS 4K that next to the wifi and is hard wired. (don't buy Samsung) Also, the Roku remote is simple to use.

Comment

I've had one of the cheaper 55" I could find on my back patio for about 3 years now. Still works great.

Comment

42”

I have a 42 inch TV that is been outside for four years. It is underneath the porch but I do not put a cover on it in the winter or anything to protect it. No problems at all.

Comment

Thanks all, I have an extra 36" that I'm going to try and use and see what happens. Just hate to spend money that I don't have to. I may need some new broad-heads this season.

Comment

I would make sure and get the extended warranty, they cover just about anything that will go wrong.

Comment

$200-300 for a TV outdoors. If it last 5 years. I would say your good.

Comment

I've hung lots of the outddor rated TV's. Unless your TV will be in the weather, you don't really need it. They are a great selling point though, to people who have entirely too much money .
                            They do not last any longer than an inside TV either.
                            So unless it's on a stand beside a pool, or hanging on a outside wall, they are pretty much pointless, in TX.
                            Louisiana, you might have issues.

Comment

TV's are cheap, just buy a regular one and roll with it.

I have one that is on year 4 with no issues

Comment

Working...
                              X