Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best way to get an affordable “Spead Goat” hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the best way to get an affordable “Spead Goat” hunt?

I don’t want a “ hunt” without a kill. I always wanted to thug one at @ 300 yards . What’s the nasty good way to try to put that dirtof hung together ? Thanks in advance

Mine cost us a case of beer in Hartley county in 1989! I know that doesn’t help you any now but I hope you can find a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      Mine cost us a case of beer in Hartley county in 1989! I know that doesn’t help you any now but I hope you can find a good deal.
      Probably up to 2 cases by now.. Greedy land owners.

Sorry, still no help.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

In my case our land owner (deer lease) also owns a huge chunk of ground in New Mexico, and my buddy, his son, and I are going. I am taking my RPR 6.5 CM and my 700 7 mag.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it with the bow. Challenging hunt to be sure, but a lot of fun also. We’ve now shot them with the bow from 25-80 yards. The 80 yard shot was on a stalk. Won’t be as much of a guarantee as with the rifle, but might save you some money because it’s a harder hunt.

After doing it with the bow, I think shooting one with the rifle would be too easy. I could’ve whacked several bigger ones than the one I shot if I’d had a rifle tag. I’ve only done it once, but the group I hunt with has now gone 4 times to do it with the bow.

Comment

Wyoming. Late season. Land trespass fee or public land. Just need to put in for a draw in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                Wyoming. Late season. Land trespass fee or public land. Just need to put in for a draw in 2019.
                X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  I don’t want a “ hunt” without a kill. I always wanted to thug one at @ 300 yards . What’s the nasty good way to try to put that dirtof hung together ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    dirtof hung
                    Sounds like a German adult movie star. What kinda hunt u looking for?

Comment

We just got back from Wyoming. Put in or draw and then get your drive on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How hard is it to get a Wyoming tag off the lotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
                          How hard is it to get a Wyoming tag off the lotto?
                          some areas are very easy. Some require several points. Wyoming divides the permits between resident and non resident. Then, within a unit, permits are split between a regular draw and special draw. Regular draw is then split 90% preference point and 10% random. I have 9 preference points. If I pick a unit that historically needs 6 points to draw, I am almost guaranteed a tag. I went the first year with no preference points to a unit that had ok public access. I went later in the season. Pronghorn hunting in Wyoming is like dove hunting here. Everyone goes opening day. We hunted on the 17 of October in a unit that started Oct 1. We were the only ones in the unit. Because it was late in the season, had we wanted to we could have gotten private access for little or free. Some areas, pronghorn are big business so you won't get cheap access there no matter when you go. Talk to the area supervisors and local wardens. Too late to get a tag this year but maybe not to late to buy a point. I think that deadline is Oct 1 but it may have been the 15 of Sept. Good luck. Pm if you want more specific info. Part of the fun is the planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Sounds like a German adult movie star. What kinda hunt u looking for?
                            Another question. Which “Speed Goats” are good to eat? Where are the really “sage” ones located? New Mexico?

Comment

Win the Lotto.........problem solved

Comment

Working...
                              X