No announcement yet.

Do you trust your cars "Distance to Empty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is the queen of taking the gas to zero miles. So far so good but I expect a call any day.

Comment

Do you trust your cars "Distance to Empty"

I’m turning into my dad...can’t stand a half full tank.

Right now

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 08-27-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

My wifes fuel light is always on. DTE is always like 8 miles. Seems like she always wants to take hers when this happens. I do not understand her thinking on stopping for fuel.

Comment

The Tundra will count down to 0 miles and when it hits 0 I hit the trip. So far I've made it to 12 miles before filling up. Never on road trips, just tooling around town.

Comment

I think my family lives by this code

Comment

Some folks are crazy... you never know when an emergency will come up and you won’t have time to stop for gas.... I never let it drop below 1/8.

My grandma’s cousin once shot himself in the foot on a duck hunt and had to get gas on his way to the hospital.... Turned out fine but he lost a lot of blood.

Comment

I have put 24 gallons of gas in my wife’s car that supposed to hold 22 . Every time I get in car the fuel light is on ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Doesn’t running to empty on a regular basis wear out your fuel pump?

Comment

I like mine full, so I only see the light if I'm traveling, and then it is rare. I start looking for a place to fill up when I get to a 1/4 tank

Comment

I wouldn’t say I “trust” it but I have tested it a couple times. Usually when I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off and not paying attention.

Comment

My dad always had a knack for coasting into gas stations. I try to avoid it by never going below a 1/4 tank. Several times though I pushed it a little with my truck and so far so good. Once was in West Texas. I knew this one gas station was the last one for about 90 miles. I meant to stop but forgot. About half way I looked at the gas readout and freaked. Took it past zero. The other time I was out at the deer lease and noticed I was on E. Just prayed I could make it to town, since no one else was out there. Made it with a couple miles to spare.

Comment

I have a Tundra with 26 gallon tank and it tells me 0 when there is at least 4 gallons left. I can easily go another 30 miles or so after it reads 0. Only pushed it a few times but never put over 24 gallons in.

Comment

When my fuel light comes on I have about 11 gallons left in the tank. If I filled up every time it said I was on "E" I'd have to refuel everyday. Been this way since new, although I didn't know it for first few years, I just got deisel all the time. Finally one day I was complaining about Chevy putting such a small tank on a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive when I was told it had a 26 gallons tank. After doing my research I now spend almost half of my driving with the light on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                              I have a Tundra with 26 gallon tank and it tells me 0 when there is at least 4 gallons left. I can easily go another 30 miles or so after it reads 0. Only pushed it a few times but never put over 24 gallons in.
                              my Tundra also.

Comment

Best I have ever done was 61 miles past zero. I have a aux tank on the bed so I was just really trying to see how far it would go. On average it will do at least 20 past 0.

Comment

Working...
                                X