New Harleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    None of them look to be comfortable to this old biker.
    Same here. They're leaning more towards the "crotch rocket" market. I'd hate to cruise across Death Valley on one of those things. And those names.... "Streetfighter".... good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
      looks like they are going back to the café style race bikes back in tha day
      Yeah they do look like the old sportster flat track racers.
      I guess they have to stay in fashion and keep changing.
      John browning should have built motorcycles. It would have been done right the first time

Comment

I know I have weird taste, but I like the second and the last one. I would ride either if I was in the market for one.

Comment

The Buell Ulysses was a pretty awesome adventure bike for it's time. It's a shame Buell and HD couldn't make that work. I would have liked to see what it evolved into.

Just seen one of these listed for sale this past weekend for $4500. Sure thought hard about it.

Comment

don't care for any of them

Comment

I don’t ride. But that second pic looks bad aazz

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                I don't mind them trying to get into the other end of the two wheeler world. I understand the business end of it. The rice burners came out with their version of V-Twins for the same reason and it was a success for them. I've actually been interested in the electric for a commuter ride.
                None of them look to be comfortable to this old biker.
                Supposed to have 3-4 electric models in the next 2-3 years from what I heard.

Comment

Streetfighter isn't anything new. Basically a naked sports bike without the plastics, usually with different headlights and a little tweaking . I dreamed of a Ducati streetfighter in highschool. Lots of brands make a streetfighter.

That Harley is also a very ugly streetfighter. They usually look mean, stripped down, and fast. It's def the look they were going for but didn't hit it in my opinion.

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                  Same here. They're leaning more towards the "crotch rocket" market. I'd hate to cruise across Death Valley on one of those things. And those names.... "Streetfighter".... good grief.
                  Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 08-21-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                    I build them every day that is my job and the new bikes are targeting a different section of people .

Take that all off the table and I can tell you the HD has had major engine issues with the M8 since it was released in 17 here we are 3 years of bikes later as the 19 just got released and no fixing for transmission fluid transfer . In a nut shell the trans will pump the fluid into the primary and the trans runs dry ..

as well major oil sumping issues Still no fix some half way lames attempts but that is it ..

But wait there's more buy a new bike that we do not build power train wise and see if you like it ..

I just sold my 2012 new bike will be a BMW and again I make a very good living fixing the bikes . But its just sad when the guy that spent 45 G on a CVO cannot get the dealer to fix it as they have no fix
                    This is one reason why I will not sell my 96 evo. My old solftail rides as well as any new Harley with a lot less problems. That being said I kind of like the Pan America.

Comment

Looks like they were all born out of the VR1000 Harleys.

Comment

Their street fighter looks like they wanted to have a Ducatti Monster feel....but missed it. I typically like the street fighter style but this one isn't doing much for me. I have never been too hot on HD though. I have always thought that you are paying double for old technology. My hayabusa would destroy a V-Rod and I paid 1/2 what the Harley cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                          I'd hate to cruise across Death Valley on one of those things. And those names.... "Streetfighter".... good grief.
                          The ADV bike will probably be fairly comfortable(most are very upright seating, close to a 'standard' style). Mine is.

And Streetfighter is a style that's been around for 20 years, not the name.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Starting at 21,399$ sir.
                            Looks like they're smoking the same crack they were back when they were loading up Electra-Glide's with front end chrome and trying to sell them for $10K over MSRP.

Comment

You can polish a terd, but you can roll it in glitter

Comment

I just hope they put mufflers on them. Nothing is more obnoxious than a motorcycle going by that is so loud you cannot carry on a convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X