APR 6.5 Creedmoor at the Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APR 6.5 Creedmoor at the Range

I was able to make it to the range today and I’m hooked. Shot 5 shots at 25 cleaning between each one, then 1 at 100, then my first 5 shot group which measured .2915. Not bad with Hornady Black 140 grain factory loads. I then shot groups of .631 with 143 ELDX, .72 with 140 ELDM, and 1.271 with Federal 130 Berger Match factory loads.

After those I let it cool down and put the SDN6 on it to shoot some more. After coming up 21 clicks on 3 shots to get back on zero I shot .4845 with the Hornady Black loads and .408 with the 143 ELDX.

To say the least I was pretty happy with the performance at 100 for everything except the Federal loads and can’t wait to stretch it out. Hoping to go to the ranch next weekend and try to shoot some at 500-600 and maybe shoot a pig or coyote while I’m out there.

Also my PIG stockpack came in along with my right 2 bear arms patches for it.

After seeing how this one shoots, I may have to end up sending my 300RUM to them for a carbon barrel after all. Man this is going to cost me and make my wife mad!!

That’s awesome! Isn’t the Black ammo designed for the AR platform? Just curios. Seemed to work well in your bolt action

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
      That’s awesome! Isn’t the Black ammo designed for the AR platform? Just curios. Seemed to work well in your bolt action
      I think it's their tactical ammo? It's listed as 2690fps and the ELDM is 2710, so there's not much speed difference between them. Not sure exactly what the difference is though other than the projectile.

Comment

You're first group is tighter than .55! You're measuring outside bullet hole to outside bullet hole. You need to measure center of hole to center of hole! .
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          You're first group is tighter than .55! You're measuring outside bullet hole to outside bullet hole. You need to measure center of hole to center of hole! .

That’s why I did .55-.264 for the bullet diameter. Never really measured my groups before just figured that would be the same as trying to measure center to center.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
            That’s why I did .55-.264 for the bullet diameter. Never really measured my groups before just figured that would be the same as trying to measure center to center.
            Lol, I didn't even see your writing on the target initially. Awesome round and rifle!

Comment

Working...
            X