academy gun pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
    They were very clear with me about not bringing a gun back if I had issues. I think there was even a sign, lol
    They will not let you exchange firearms. They will help you by returning it to the manufacturer for repair.

Comment

As a former academy employee myself, I can say it’s bad in everyone’s part. Starting with managers, there’s no training. The short time I was there I heard some “incredible” stories lol
      To be honest, I’m not sure what was worse, certain customers that come in or the fellow co workers hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        They will not let you exchange firearms. They will help you by returning it to the manufacturer for repair.

As well they can help mount scopes and such. (If you’re brave enough) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
          Good to know! For some reason, I just can't imagine hand carrying a weapon into an Academy. Even though I wouldn't hesitate doing that into a regular gun store, Academys just feel different. Like brandishing one into walmart. Even if you bought it there, they wouldn't be happy about it.

Comment

Here's your sign!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
              Good to know! For some reason, I just can't imagine hand carrying a weapon into an Academy. Even though I wouldn't hesitate doing that into a regular gun store, Academys just feel different. Like brandishing one into walmart. Even if you bought it there, they wouldn't be happy about it.
              All you do it let the clerk know at customer service, they'll have someone from the gun counter meet you at the front and walk the gun back.

Comment

Yesterday I went to our local Academy to take advantage of the veteran discount and get a case of 20 gauge. They didnt have any out so I had to ask. I just got a blank stare when I asked for a case. He didn't know what a case of shells was. Sad.

Comment

It’s not just the gun counter at academy. But I have been to academy that has had some good help. A couple months ago I was looking at new electronics for my boat. So I’m standing there looking at a some units that cost $1000-$1200 and the whole time this sales guy just looking at me. Then two guys step up and is looking at a $100 reel. He turns and ask them if they need help. He hands it to them and proceeds to take it to the front desk. When he come back, he said he would be back. So I continue looking for a couple minutes and I decided to move on. About 20 minutes later I am getting some stuff in the reloading section when he sees me and ask if he could help me. I politely say “ NOT ANYMORE”. He looked at me like I was the dumbazz.

Comment

LOL, typical!

Comment

Academy

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                      Yesterday I went to our local Academy to take advantage of the veteran discount and get a case of 20 gauge. They didnt have any out so I had to ask. I just got a blank stare when I asked for a case. He didn't know what a case of shells was. Sad.
                      I bought a new fishing setup and noticed the 10% off for vets, flashed my retired ID and bam. If I'd have thought about it, a case of 12 gauge would have been in the cart too.

Guys and Gals, don't over look the discount for vets.

Comment

I try to get advise and help from the older gentlemen behind the gun counter, if he has a properly trimmed beard or mustache, all the better. The young punks who treat the gun counter as being varsity quarterback of the department store are just to much. You know what I mean, they usually try to show off by wearing a shirt 3 times to small to show off how "swole" they are. As if that has anything to do with knowledge of guns. Okay rant over...lol.

Comment

Is that 10% off for Veterans a one-time opportunity or is that year round?

Comment

I had one guy claim he shot 5k .223,5k .308 and 20k 9mm a year. That was the guy behind the counter. He would of spent his annual salary on ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                              I had one guy claim he shot 5k .223,5k .308 and 20k 9mm a year. That was the guy behind the counter. He would of spent his annual salary on ammo.
                              Plus he was a big fan of Federal Gold Medals.

Comment

The scope wasn't on backwards the gun was backwards

Comment

Working...
                                X