Angel Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Go see the Vietnam Memorial and read the history of it. I has a brick installed for my brother who served in 'nam.

It is quite humbling.
    That would be great for my kids, for the most part, most of those boys on the Memorial were only a few years older than they are now. I will definitely try to make it by there.

Comment

The memorial is a powerful place. Took my kids several summers ago. It was quiet that morning with only the aspens quaking in the breeze. It was a somber experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
        The memorial is a powerful place. Took my kids several summers ago. It was quiet that morning with only the aspens quaking in the breeze. It was a somber experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes it is. Very peaceful and beautiful up there!

Comment

Bad year for New Mexico. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Bad year for New Mexico. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Yeah, no snow in forecast for the next ten days either. I guess I should pull my Jeep up there.

Comment

I'm booked for a week........25 days from now. Will continue doing my snow dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Go see the Vietnam Memorial and read the history of it. I has a brick installed for my brother who served in 'nam.

It is quite humbling.
                This is definitely worth a visit. I was surprised at the amount of memorabilia and stories they had.

I was there the week before Christmas and they had the Heading Home run open. It is over 3 miles long so you will get plenty of skiing in if you choose. We also hit one of the hiking trails through the woods. I think it was a 5 mile loop right across the highway from the country club.

We rented a house that had a pool table in the game room so we had evening entertainment.

Comment

I'm booked for a week........25 days from now. Will continue doing my snow dance.
                  My sister has a condo in Colorado Springs but it’s a farther drive. All I care about is finding snow. BoB you are going to eat a tree one day on that snow board. If we are in Angel Fire that week, I’ll buy you a beer at the bottom of the mountain!

Comment

go to red river... its so much nicer than angel fire. Red river also makes a lot more snow when they're not getting it.

Comment

I’ve been to red river, love it. I kinda want to snow mobile, I’ve never done that. Trying to find the most snow that is the closest, ha!

Comment

Just up the road past Eagles Nest is Comanche Creek Brewery maybe 20 minutes from the resort. A small craft brewery that makes awesome beer. In fact I hunted the ranch 2 years ago and it was real nice to come in after our hunt and drink a belly full of awesome beer. Dave Mutz owns the ranch and his sons runs the brewery.

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                          My sister has a condo in Colorado Springs but it’s a farther drive. All I care about is finding snow. BoB you are going to eat a tree one day on that snow board. If we are in Angel Fire that week, I’ll buy you a beer at the bottom of the mountain!
                          Already did, years ago....one trail over from Orion at Heavenly.....where Bono died. LOL.

Was bruised from my ankle to my shoulder on one side.

That was back in the day when I flew off of stuff. I tend to keep it on the ground these day.
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-23-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                            Just up the road past Eagles Nest is Comanche Creek Brewery maybe 20 minutes from the resort. A small craft brewery that makes awesome beer. In fact I hunted the ranch 2 years ago and it was real nice to come in after our hunt and drink a belly full of awesome beer. Dave Mutz owns the ranch and his sons runs the brewery.

Have fun.
                            Man that sounds good. Is the Moreno ranch still operating out of Eagle nest? We trout fished their ponds while scouting an elk hunt one summer years ago.

Comment

Your in the Moreno Valley but I don't recall the ranch.
                              Have fun and drive safe

Comment

Head bangin’ for snow!

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                                Yeah, no snow in forecast for the next ten days either. I guess I should pull my Jeep up there.
                                I think Feb is going to bring a pattern change that may be more favorable for SW US snow...

Comment

Working...
                                X