Lawn Mower Outboard idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Mower Outboard idea?

all my motor troubles got me thinking...and this seems like a cool idea.

I have used an aircooled boat motor before. Worked pretty good

Comment

from what i've read, they are great shallow water motors

Comment

I have an old 3hp Gamefisher. Not currently running but I just recently drug it out of the garage and started tinkering with it. I used it for duck hunting Dam-B back in the day. They are good for shallow water because they are air cooled. They don't need water pick up.

Just like this. Like a weedeater engine with a prop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24394589

Comment

I also have this Briggs & Stratton Lawn Mower engine as well. It does good in the shallows too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37GTR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24394591

Comment

I was just thinking how easy it would be to mount an engine and when that one dies put a new one on...Cool concept, but don't know how practical it is.

Comment

I had a 5hp Briggs and stratton worked pretty good but loud

Comment

Does anyone know why they quit making them? The briggs, that is

Comment

cool idea

Comment

Originally posted by JHarrell89 View Post
                    all my motor troubles got me thinking...and this seems like a cool idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201393045546...MakeTrack=true
                    Keep checking the junk dealers and scrap yards. If you find one of those old 10hp evenrudes or johnsons. You can mount a push mower engine right on top just like that. Only thing you have to fab up is a output shaft. That's easy made using a 3/8" swivel from a socket set. The. Your in business .
                    If you want it to run faster. Fab up engine and mower 3 speed trans mounting brackets and gear it.

Comment

They are the way to go nowdays

Comment

Build ur own. Northern tool has all the engines you would need.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                          Keep checking the junk dealers and scrap yards. If you find one of those old 10hp evenrudes or johnsons. You can mount a push mower engine right on top just like that. Only thing you have to fab up is a output shaft. That's easy made using a 3/8" swivel from a socket set. The. Your in business .
                          If you want it to run faster. Fab up engine and mower 3 speed trans mounting brackets and gear it.

I also want to try this. But I'm no fab guy.

Comment

Wam em Trac em on here made one out of a weed eater several years ago. It looked like it worked pretty good.

Comment

It's actually pretty simple to do. Buy a used lower unit, it will be a lot cheaper. I bout a mud motor kit and put a Harbor freight 6.5hp on it and put go cart engine hop up kits on it and got it to about 10-12hp. Pretty much a brand new motor for $800 and I got almost anywhere I wanted. Jumped banks, stumps, 3inches of water was all I needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X