No announcement yet.

who do you think is the better......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to high jack my own thread but do women really care to cook at home anymore? As a kid it was a special occasion if we ever ate out. It seems like every time I eat out I get the squirts, that's bad food handling. No thank! I'll make my own food knowing Jose isn't touching my food.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      cooking is an art that requires patience, improvisation, and the vision to think outside the box

regardless of gender .... some have it, some don't
      I agree.

Comment

whomever has more experience/training. I'm a graduate of one of the finest cooking schools in the nation and have cooked at the UN in NYC, Napa, largest Marriott in the world among other places. Most of the time women do the cooking but that is more training than a skill level. It's a craft that has to be tuned, tested, adjusted and improvised as you work alot of the time. Both genders can cook if taught, however most men have a better commercial kitchen attitude/bravado

Comment

I cook much better than my wife, inside and outside. There isn't any dish I can't cook. I actually really enjoy cooking and don't mind that she can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
            It seems like every time I eat out I get the squirts, that's bad food handling. No thank! I'll make my own food knowing Jose isn't touching my food.
            You asked Jose to take the cheese off, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              cooking is an art that requires patience, improvisation, and the vision to think outside the box

regardless of gender .... some have it, some don't

Yup....most of the quality cooking falls on me.....most of the baking, sweets and appetizer type stuff is my wife's area of expertise. We make a good team. I enjoy cooking it as much as I enjoy eating it....especially on the smoker and grill.

The men who sit down at the table, bang their forks for food while the wife does everything are missing out. My grandfather was that way and could mess up a PB&J.. Hell I ran a better grill than he did in high school..
              Last edited by Smart; 06-02-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

It seems like every time I eat out I get the squirts, that's bad food handling. No thank! I'll make my own food knowing Jose isn't touching my food.

Weak Yankee stomach....

Comment

Not to high jack my own thread but do women really care to cook at home anymore? As a kid it was a special occasion if we ever ate out. It seems like every time I eat out I get the squirts, that's bad food handling. No thank! I'll make my own food knowing Jose isn't touching my food.
                  Harder and harder to find but my wife hates to eat out. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is cooked by her in my house almost everyday.

Comment

My exes son went to Cordon Bleu in Florence Italy. He was quite the chef.

Comment

My wife cooks 3-5 times a week, I have a nice home cooked meal waiting on me when I get home from work almost every day. Church night we go out after service and Friday is usually steak night at Moss Hill. And she is a way better cook than me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                        You asked Jose to take the cheese off, didn't you?
                        Lol.

Comment

Women, maybe because I was partially raised by my Grandmother that was a frying genius.

Comment

As far as older generations I think women, however in my generation I believe men. It seems a lot more men cook now days then In my dads and grandpas time.

Comment

Like I said before, I get home before her so I got nominated to do the cooking. She gets what I wanna cook.

Comment

I will add the best cook is whoever is cooking besides me. Just sayin

Comment

Working...
                                X