No announcement yet.

What pour on the ground minerals and attractant do you recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have tried rice bran with very little success where we hunt. Salt seems to be the best overall attractant. Sometimes I'll buy a couple boxes of rock salt and simply sprinkle it around the area under the feeder or in a small hole. If I'm trying to get hogs to come in I'll mix in some koolaid powder with the salt. If you have any mistletoe on your lease simply break some off and sprinkle it around your setups.
    Last edited by quarterback; 09-23-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

All the mineral attractants I have tried brought in more hogs and cows than deer. Usually led to a big hole in the ground rooted in every direction as the mineral got scattered. Best attractant I ever discovered was plain old yaller corn scattered wildly about.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        All the mineral attractants I have tried brought in more hogs and cows than deer. Usually led to a big hole in the ground rooted in every direction as the mineral got scattered. Best attractant I ever discovered was plain old yaller corn scattered wildly about.

No doubt. I'm not saying I use anything other than corn and protein pellets to feed/attract deer, but I figured I'd see how they like rice bran.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
        X