cordless garden tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cordless garden tools?

Not really a DIY but wondering anybody here has experience with cordless string trimmers and such? I'm getting tired of the annual maintenance, noise and stink associated with my gas trimmer, blower and pruner. Looked at the Ryobi 18 and 40 volt models and have been looking at Core brand on line unless I can find a local dealer. Hoping to sell the house this spring and downsize so hopefully I'll have less landscape to worry about this summer.

I bought the 40v string trimmer 3 years ago and it is going strong with the same battery. I recommend it. Got it at Home Depot.

I heard that you should stay away from the 18v.

Comment

With the string trimmer it depends on property size. If you have a house on a little yard in a neighbourhood I think you could get by. But if you're sitting on an acre or more with a large fence and a lot of things to weedeat around you might as well stick to a gas trimmer. I've never had an electric blower but I'm sure it would be fine. I have an electric hedge trimmer that works pretty well.

Comment

I've used a ryobi cordless blower for years now and it works great. I have the 18v and it works great but does lose it's power rather quick, definitely for smaller yards.

Comment

I'm just on about a 1/3 acre. I use the trimmer mostly as an edger for my long driveway and sidewalks. Have an electric blower (corded) that blows away (yeah, I know) my gas one but I can't stand dragging that 100' cable out and fighting with it.
          Seriously thinking I'm going after that 40 volt unit. Anybody else?

Comment

I was always skeptical of cordless lawn and garden equipment but the new battery technology is a game changer. After some research I recently bought a cordless polesaw for tree trimming and it works like a champ. For homeowner use it is plenty powerful and battery life is good - I get tired before the battery does.

Comment

I have sold the Core string trimmers for the past 2 seasons. Everyone has liked them. Battery life has not been an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by yazoomike View Post
                I have sold the Core string trimmers for the past 2 seasons. Everyone has liked them. Battery life has not been an issue.
                What is the voltage of the batteries?

Comment

I've had a Ryobi 18 volt trimmer for about five years now and love it i have an acre lot but i use round up around the house and fences i also have the blower and works good my wife's uses it allot

Comment

i've got the ryobi 40v trimmer and chainsaw. love them both. wish i had a 2nd battery but i have almost 2 acres to deal with. very light weight. it's not as powerful as the gas trimmers, and only has 1, .065 string. but it still cuts very well. even along my water line where the weeds are more like reeds.

if i had to be unimpressed with anything on the trimmer its the edging. that little line eats up so easy on the driveway.

the chainsaw is kick butt. perfect for limbs and yopons, and trees up to about 8-10". i have a lot of oaks, most are dead, and this thing is perfect for making them into smaller sticks.

only bad thing about the chainsaw is the chain is a special order. i need to order a replacement just to have on hand.

i'd like to get the blower and extra battery next.

Comment

We use stihl cordless trimmers and blowers commercially along with our mean green blowers. Stihl trimmer going strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X