How to Quiet Down an arrow or Rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Quiet Down an arrow or Rest?

My arrow makes a little noise when drawing it back. Could it be the rest or arrows and what can I do to quite them down a bit? Its not a lot of noise but it usually happens half way on my draw cycle. I wouldn't want a deer to bust me for that.

moleskin

Comment

what rest are you using? you can use teflon or moleskin to quieten them down

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I know some rests have felt on them but how to go about DIY would be helpful!

Comment

I use a small piece of one sided sticky felt. Most sporting good stores carry it. Just cut out shape of arrow glide and stick on.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
            My arrow makes a little noise when drawing it back. Could it be the rest or arrows and what can I do to quite them down a bit? Its not a lot of noise but it usually happens half way on my draw cycle. I wouldn't want a deer to bust me for that.
            Beman ICS have a finish on them that reduce/eliminates rest noise. Whisker Biscuits are quiet.

Comment

What is in that area on the arrow. If it was the finish, you would hear it on the full length of the draw. It could be a logo. You can use nail polish remover and a little scrubbing to remove it most of the time. What are you using for a rest? Is it a compound or traditional equipment? If traditional, I like calf hair. Very smooth and quiet. If it is a compound, moleskin is your friend. After a while (2 yrs) it will not be as quiet but it is easy to replace. I like the thin mole skin. Not the thick padded stuff.

Comment

I'm using a QAD HDX Rest and a Gold Tip Velocity XT arrow.. I've used my fingers to see if the arrow makes noise and it does when I rub on the carbon shaft it doesn't really make noise on the logo.. This is on a compound bow

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Beman ICS have a finish on them that reduce/eliminates rest noise. Whisker Biscuits are quiet.
                  That has not been my experience with them.

Comment

No offense but whisker biscuits are probably the loudest rest in the archery world. The sound that comes from the friction of the arrow being held & passing through all those bristles is secure but extremely noisy. If you want quiet, go fall away & get the moleskin or felt wrap. I am loving my new rest, QAD ultrarest HD. Virtually silent & deadly accurate.

Comment

Just go down the the store and get some Dr. Scholl's mole skin. Cut it to shape and stick it on.

Comment

Nail polish. Whatever color you desire

Comment

unscented bar soap on your arrows..

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            That has not been my experience with them.
                            Sorry, been shooting them for a very long time...whisper quiet. Havent had a deer spook due to rest noise since I have gone to the WB. Some arrows will make a noise no matter what rest is used. Gold tips were the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                              unscented bar soap on your arrows..
                              Yep or rub some chaulk on them. Maybe baby powder too.

Comment

Working...
                              X