6.5 CM, 300 WIN, or 300 RUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 CM, 300 WIN, or 300 RUM

Trying to see everybody’s thoughts on these calibers lookkngnto get a new rifle for deer, pigs, axis, and future hunts such as elk, mule deer, and whatever else the future brings me.
    Thanks in advance for all the input

Cant go wrong with any of the 3. The 6.5 may be a tad light for elk, but will be good for everything else on your list.

Comment

300WM hands down

Comment

Awfully broad range you are asking about!

Comment

I would split the difference and get a 7mm of some sort. 7 Remington Mag, Short Mag, or .280 for example. I used to own a 300 win mag and got tired of acting like the recoil didn't affect me.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
            I would split the difference and get a 7mm of some sort. 7 Remington Mag, Short Mag, or .280 for example. I used to own a 300 win mag and got tired of acting like the recoil didn't affect me.
            I've never thought it to be too bad myself, especially not in light of him considering the RUM .

Comment

If those are your 3 choices I would pick 300 Win Mag from that list.

Comment

If I was buying a caliber to use on an axis, mule deer, and elk hunt, it would be a 300 Win Mag. It is also my "trophy" whitetail choice of caliber as well.

Comment

Tha is for all the replies this gun would only be for trophy hunts would hunt with my bow 99% of the time

Comment

.300 Win

Comment

6.5-.300 weatherby

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Of those 3 300 win mag for sure. Especially if elk and big mule deer are a possibility.

Comment

.300 rum

Comment

300WinMag has been my favorite go to rifle for the last 14 years. It'll do it all...

Comment

Working...
                              X