Thoughts and suggestions: optimizer lens/tru glow Range Rover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts and suggestions: optimizer lens/tru glow Range Rover

Thinking about making the jump and changing my sights from my Trophy Ridge React. Does anyone have experience with the Truglo RangeRover sights?

It seems nice in theory but no clue how it actually performs for hunting and thought I would seek tha advice of someone who is more familiar with them before I shell out the cash. Also curious about the optimizer lenses for hunting application, help/hurt any thoughts would be appreciated. I hunt from elevated tree stands and ground blinds with a little spot and stalk mixed in on occasion, mostly pigs and turkeys in that situation.

I just bought the Range Rover used on amazon. It's pretty good, and I like that it has two dots without the need for a pin post. The downside is that it can get a bit of a glare in bright sunlight, say in a spot and stalk in open country. If you're in a blind in a tree, or in a ground blind, or even just in the shade somewhere it works fine. I've been looking for a coating I could put on it to reduce glare, but to no avail. Other than that, great scope/sight. Also it relies on the lighted fiber optic dots so if you plan on traveling and hunting make sure you check out local regulations on that.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinking of making a custom hood for it like on a rifle scope to help with the glare.

Comment

So if the batteries go dead are you SOL? Hard to tell from the website. That would be a major downside for me.

Comment

You can still see the black dot where the green or red should be, and there are crosshairs. The batteries last a long *** time too. I put a fresh one in and I left it on overnight twice and it is still as bright now as when I first put it in. It uses very little power.

Comment

Here is a few pics of mine. (sorry, cell phone pics, poorly lit garage

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. There are a few states that it would be illegal in, so that is a no for me but It looks like a cool site.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                Thanks for the clarification. There are a few states that it would be illegal in, so that is a no for me but It looks like a cool site.
                It's legal here in Texas! I like it but overall I am looking into getting a Hogg father. Just gotta save up the funds.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate all the pics and the help greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by HiblerZXT35 View Post
                    Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate all the pics and the help greatly.
                    I just bought the 2x lens for the Range Rover and it works okay, makes everything a bit blurry for me though. Need to play around with it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X