X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall are greatness! Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
      My son, Joseph has decided to take his turn doing a young man's duty for this great nation. He's decided to become a U.S. Marine like his ol' dad. He will be shipping out to boot camp in San Diego on April 15th. I'm proud that he's taken this step. He's a great young man. I know he'll do well. He signed up for infantry.
      You'll never be prouder of him than when you go to graduation. Most moving experience in my life. Ooo-rah!
      Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        You'll never be prouder of him than when you go to graduation. Most moving experience in my life. Ooo-rah!
        Congratulations!

I've never experienced it from the bleachers; only from the parade deck. I'm looking forward to it a great deal!

Comment

I've never experienced it from the bleachers; only from the parade deck. I'm looking forward to it a great deal!
          I cried like a baby! Thank you for your service.

Comment

Thank you both for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations and thank you to you both!!

Comment

Another young man to whom I'll owe a debt I can never repay. I know you're proud, sir. I'm proud for you.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. I just sit and think back to all the great times and all the tough times in the Corps and how much of an impact those moments (both good and bad) taught me about life. I'm excited for him about experiencing the same thing. There's will be a whole lot of life lessons jammed into a 4 year enlistment.

One of the reasons this weighed so heavily on him to sign up is that my nephew (my son's 1st cousin) was killed in Afghanistan in an ambush in 2011. My son wasn't of age to John at the time, of course. But, I
                  He was close to his older cousin and admired him greatly. Shortly after his death, my son told me he felt duty call upon him to take his cousin's place when he was of age. Well, he's followed through im n that calling up to this point. Now he's just got to make it through and become a Marine.

BTW, his cousin was Staff Sgt. Houston Taylor, US Army. He was from Azle, TX and son to my wife's sister. A ****ed fine young man and a hell of a warrior.
                  That in itself shows his character. Well done

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Another young man to whom I'll owe a debt I can never repay. I know you're proud, sir. I'm proud for you.

well said

Comment

Thanks to the both of you.

Comment

Congrats to him, you and his mom. I worked with some Force Recon folks when I was in. Fine, Fine Marines.

Comment

Thanks to the both of you

Comment

Awesome!!!
                          Congrats and thank you both.

Comment

outstanding!!!! thanks to all who have served this great nation. u.s. navy vet. myself. went to bootcamp in san diego.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

A proud moment in both your lives ! Thanks for your service !

Comment

Working...
                                X