"best" (camo brands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"best" (camo brands)

What's the best camo brand in your opinion? I personally really like kuiu camo in my opinion it's the best camo to break up your outline in silhouette and have backpacks and different sizes and binoculars holders in matching camo which is a plus but they're also pretty expensive, how about yalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If I could afford it Sitka. My friends that have it absolutely love it. Very well made and comfortable but you might need to take out a loan to update all your gear.
    I have used Drake jackets for about 10 years and never had an issue. I left a jacket in my boat and lost it after about 3-4 years of use. Bought the same jacket and it has been great for about 6-7 years.

Comment

Sitka wins over kuiu all day. They have multiple different color patterns to fit every environment. Kuiu has the same base color with the only difference being brown or green. Sitka gear is a legit science that is technique specific. Don’t know anything about quality of kuiu, just talking selection wise. Sitkas accessories are top notch as well, with every different situation in mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a bunch of first lite last year and m really impressed so far

Comment

I think it depends on the terrain you hunt. Kuiu to me is more a high mountainous camo. Their materials are great. But as you said a very complete line up of goods made by an avid hunter, rest his soul.

I hunt south Florida. Basically a tropical jungle. So green is good for me most of the year as far as “camo”. But the rest I look for things to wick heat sweat and water proof from tropical rain. UA has nice heat gear and their Storm line repels rain. I wouldn’t wear UA back home in the cold of Connecticut however ! I find UA not warm enough.

Comment

If hunting out west, Kuiu. Whitetail tree stand ultra quiet, Sitka. Both are awesome but different. Sitka has a wider choice of offerings and I prefer the Elevated II when sitting in a live oak. Yes its over priced.

Comment

I like the cabelas zonz western for hunting in Texas. For camo that matches mesquites, red dirt and various long grasses. Some of the pants and jackets I got are good for down to 25° or so with proper layering, but camo was specified, not cold weather gear. Also light dove gear. Afraid its an endangered species though.

Comment

sixsite has done me well

Comment

Kuiu / SKRE / Sitka - I agree its all over priced

Comment

Sitka is my favorite. Alot of guys talk bad about it until they wear it. It is pricey, but you can find items for %50 off after season in some stores. How I got started in sitka keeps me dry and warm without the bulk.

Comment

Sitka is good quality gear. I have also began to really like their patterns too. They grow on you.

It’s ashamed that you can’t find mossy oak in quality offerings anymore. Maybe Drake only for mossy oak pattern.

Comment

Ghillie works for me 75 bucks..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          Sitka is my favorite. Alot of guys talk bad about it until they wear it. It is pricey, but you can find items for %50 off after season in some stores. How I got started in sitka keeps me dry and warm without the bulk.

It’s not pricey when you buy it once and it last 10-15 years. You buy the cheap stuff and have to replace it every couple years you’re actually saving money by spending more initially!

Comment

Firstlite sanctuary coat and bibs are amazing. They're the warmest stuff I've warn. And I don't know how anyone could make anything quieter. The arms are tapered towards the end making them bow shooting friendly.

Comment

I think it depends on where and how you’re hunting which brand/pattern/material is best.

Sitting in a deer blind with a rifle in Texas there is no need for these expensive adventure type brands that it seem people like to show off as a status symbol of some sort. For me, Kings Camo and patterns work and blend in unbelievably well where I hunt in Texas and most states out west. For waterfowl, I like Drake in max-5, for the warmth and waterproof/weatherproof. For backcountry Camo I love my firstlite stuff because it’s wool and when not showering for over a week my clothes don’t stink as bad as other brands that are synthetic materials.
                              Last edited by diamond10x; 01-08-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X