2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    I’m personally fine with waiting. Tier 2 (accidentally put tier 1 initially)

See what the results are about 2 weeks into the new year. Get a thumbs up and start the official thread. Have the last day to order mid February like last years and start getting rifles a couple to a few months after that.

Does that sound like a correct timeline?

Tier 2 is a steel barrel nothing to wait for on it.

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    What are the odds of the full carbon build winning at this point? Lol.

Seems like there are two distinct camps forming, with a heavy preference for the light weight. So here's an idea that would provide two price-point options and still give the guys that wanted a little heavier version some love too.

Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.

Thoughts?

Are we still going to have a choice between ;

Tier 1 Carbon barrel
    Tier 2 Sendero contour steel barrel

I for one am looking for the Tier 2 so no need to wait for the carbon barrel testing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      Tier 2 is a steel barrel nothing to wait for on it.

Are we still going to have a choice between ;

Tier 1 Carbon barrel
      Tier 2 Sendero contour steel barrel

I for one am looking for the Tier 2 so no need to wait for the carbon barrel testing for me.
      Adjusted post.

Referring to his most recent post. Not sure why I said tier 2 instead of option 2

Comment

I like option 2: "Wait until after the first of the year and final testing is done to decide(lose some ground on other components delivery schedule)". I'd like to know exactly where we stand before I place my order.

Comment

Option 1. Let’s roll

Comment

I’d prefer option 2.

Comment

Fine with option 1

Comment

Fine with option 2!

Comment

I’m fine with option 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, Tier 1 and Tier 2 versions will both be available. Here is the expected pricing for all scenarios.

Tier1 - APR CF Bbl = $2,399
                    Tier1 - Proof CF Bbl = $2,549
                    Tier1 - Steel Sendero = $2,199

Told ya'll these would be smoking deals

Comment

Option 1 let’s roll!! My Christmas present will arrive late!

Comment

Yes, Tier 1 and Tier 2 versions will both be available. Here is the expected pricing for all scenarios.

My main question was if gen2 action could be subbed in tier1?

Comment

How much extra to add cerakote and threaded barrel with thread protector to the tier 2? Spiral fluting is included correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            How much extra to add cerakote and threaded barrel with thread protector to the tier 2? Spiral fluting is included correct?
                            All builds will be threaded, and include cerakote.

Comment

All builds will be threaded, and include cerakote.
                              Oh dang. That is awesome!!

On a side note I sent you a PM a couple minutes ago with another question.

Comment

I say given the fun you had with the last group build wait until testing is completed on the new apr barrel or go proof.

Put your best foot forward for least amount of hassle later. With what I'm sure is a thin profit margin; simple, smooth and efficient is the way to go.

Of course I say that knowing I'm 8-12 weeks out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X