Saw Blade Trade Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Blade Trade Points

Folks are asking me why I want old used saw blades, the answer is I am going to make Trade Points out of them. Finished the prototype and it is really close to what I was looking for in a head. It came out finished at 206 grains and I was shooting for 200. I cut this one out of a Black & Decker circular saw blade. Going to go and try and tested it here before dark and will try and post the video sometime later.

Nice

Comment

I still need to work on the blueing, but other than that I'm really happy with the first one. Here is how the test came out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GarIU5CHnr4"]Testing a Saw Blade Trade Point - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Another great idea

Comment

Awesome, thanks for posting. Great selfbow, too.

Comment

I've heard of guys making knives out of old saw blades. I bet you could get that thing scary sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
              Awesome, thanks for posting. Great selfbow, too.
              Love my AW!!! It is an awesome shooting bow and the quietest bow I own. I'm going to get it bloody before I ever hunt with any of my other bows again.

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              I've heard of guys making knives out of old saw blades. I bet you could get that thing scary sharp!
              I was able to get this one shaving sharp with just a file. So yes after putting on a strap it would be scary sharp.
              Last edited by bountyhunter; 11-02-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                Love my AW!!! It is an awesome shooting bow and the quietest bow I own. I'm going to get it bloody before I ever hunt with any of my other bows again.

I was able to get this one shaving sharp with just a file. So yes after putting on a strap it would be scary sharp.
                I like it--the bow and the trade-head.

Comment

I've made some heads like these before. Now I'm playing with making a screw in model. I will temper mine though

Comment

cool. im still gona make a spoon BH later in the winter.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I'll use em if you can manage to get em down to 100 or 125.

Comment

Cool !

Comment

Originally posted by D-rex28 View Post
                            I'll use em if you can manage to get em down to 100 or 125.
                            Getting them down to a smaller weight is easy, just cut a smaller head to start with.

If I get time this weekend I'll shoot a video on how to make them.

Comment

Working...
                            X