Dove vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove vest

What’s the best dove vest or belt you guys have found? I like the looks of the tenzing backpack style but looks a bit bulky. Anyone have it? I wasn’t expecting the price to be so high (last one was $50 it’s just too big), doing a bit more research now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like a Filson strap vest, $110.00 i think

Comment

This is what I have used for the past 6 years. Really great, durable vest.

Comment

Another for the Filson strap vest. I used to wear the belt but it was a pain. You "loose" access to your front pockets which is pretty annoying. traditional vests just feel cheesy to me and are really hot on your back.

My only problem with the strap vest is that the adjustable buckle on the strap on the right side gets hung up on the butt of my gun when I'm lowering it. After dealing with it for a season, I just took it to a tailor to have the buckle removed. She just sewed the straps together at my desired size. No more buckles! Comfy, cool, and extremely well made, hence the price.

Comment

I do like the looks of the filson stuff. I was thinking full vest but it would be hot. Also love the adjustability. I wouldn’t be shopping if my vest had that.

Comment

Filson all the way!

This is what I use:

Comment

Game Winner belt/bag, and probably a little cheaper than the Filson.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                Filson all the way!

This is what I use:

https://www.filson.com/hunt-fish/bag...bag-16029.html
                That’s what I use as well, durable and comfortable. I like that the bags are sewn to the belt so they never bunch up. The leather belt is durable too, doesn’t fold in on itself like a nylon belt does. Beers...I mean bottled water stays cool in the bags also.

Comment

Filson, last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                    Filson all the way!

This is what I use:

https://www.filson.com/hunt-fish/bag...bag-16029.html
                    I used the same Filson Belt-style bag for a long time (wearing it in my avatar) but I upgraded to the strap vest because I got tired of fighting to get into my pockets. Also, when wearing the belt, I'd spend the entire time trying to keep my pants up. A couple boxes of shells and a few birds are heavy around your waist. As tight as the belt had to be to support the weight of the shells/birds, god forbid you have to "relieve yourself" in the field. You're not getting your pants button undone with that belt in the way! ... being as tight as it is. No doubt the Filson belt is OUTSTANDING quality (I still have it after 5+ years and lend it to friends when they come out) but I'd never recommend one for someone to buy.

Just MY personal experience with it.
                    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 12-15-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

another Filson vote here --- bought one last year and its the best. Tried them all...

Comment

filson vest. I've had mine for 8 or 9 years and that thing is tough as nails.

Comment

How do you carry your beer and ice in one of those vests?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            How do you carry your beer and ice in one of those vests?
                            Browning folding dove stool with cooler.

Comment

I have a King Ranch belt that is 23 years old this Christmas...seen plenty of doves, quail and KS pheasant. I sent it to Kingsville a few years ago to have a new belt end sewed on. Wasn't broke but I didn't take good care of it when I got it so I didn't want it to break in the field. Good as new and they did a helluva job cleaning it up. Didn't cost much either. If I was buying a new one, I would probably get Filson but the King Ranch belt has been a great friend over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X