2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    x2. brows and main beams are different. usually those are similar from one year to the next.

I think he would have to have been injured for his rack to change so much. Certainly looks like a different deer. I've been using trail cams for over 20 years and I can think of only one buck that the rack changed dramatically the next year and it was due to injury/disease.

Comment

Man I just haven't been coming around much and I stumbled on this thread [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] Y'all got some biggins running around!!! I'm almost embarrassed to throw in my contributions. We have some nice deer showing up in Trinity, I haven't really been running cameras in NF yet, and I got on a new place in Cherokee Co that's showing some potential.

2yo with lots of potential in TC

He's kind of disappeared since this pic but he'll be back at the end of October.

Lease boss says this deer is 4 [emoji23][emoji849]

That's about it for the Trinity lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple of public land deer I'm trying to keep tabs on.

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Can I get an age guess. He just showed up in the last week and has taken over the corn pile. This is Montgomery county semi residential place I’m hunting for the first time

And also would you shoot or not

Comment

And a few from the new place in Cherokee Co. We just acquired this place and only have about 3 weeks of Camera history with it so far. I like what I'm seeing at this point.

This is "Unicorn". He don't have a cool point or anything, but he's a 6 year old buck under a feeder in broad daylight lol

This 3 year old gets me really excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
              Can I get an age guess. He just showed up in the last week and has taken over the corn pile. This is Montgomery county semi residential place I’m hunting for the first time

And also would you shoot or not

Looks like a solid 3 year old to me. He could be 4 though. Pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
                I had to stare at this picture for over an hour before I would believe this is my avatar buck. He was late to show-up this year, put on about 4" in width, and got freaky.

Let 'Em Walk!!!

160???
                Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                A couple of public land deer I'm trying to keep tabs on.

Maybe its just me but you two may need to compare notes! These deer look super similar to me.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24513770

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  Maybe its just me but you two may need to compare notes! These deer look super similar to me.

[ATTACH]875831[/ATTACH]

Those very well could be the same deer!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    [ATTACH]875831[/ATTACH]
                    Sure looks like the same deer. He better hurry lol

Comment

I agree. I will let my wife have him if he presents himself to her. She’s never killed a buck so he would be a good first. As for me I’ll just wait and hopefully something more mature will start showing up

Comment

Had this deer in in the fog this morning. i dont know him and cant tell much about him.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Had this deer in in the fog this morning. i dont know him and cant tell much about him.

I can tell enough about him! Maybe CH Jr?

Comment

What he said!

Comment

I have to run this old sucker off to corn. would let a kid kill him but i dont know if hes 13 inches..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not 13"

Comment

Working...
                                X