No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. I like playing with the harmless ones. Played with all of them as a dumb kid. Little wiser these days.

And yes I am soooooooo excited for Saturday. Especially after seeing the buck I've got on camera! Btw, I can't meet that day for lunch. My sons bday party is that afternoon so...only hunting that morning and then all day Sunday. Some little private land. Then the Sam Monday thru Wednesday.

Comment

So I am assuming you guys are bow hunting Saturday????

Comment

Question about antlerless deer in the Sam. The APH book says you can kill two anterless all seasons combined. Does this mean if I kill two in bow season and use the tags on my license I can't kill another during general season and use my USFS Anterless permit. Just a hypothetical and obviously isn't likely to happen.

Comment

If it says 2 doe all seasons combined. Then I would imagine no more than 2 doe Period regardless. I have never taken a doe in the forest . But me and my Son did get drawn for our Doe permits this year.

Comment

hello guys I am brand new to this forum and public hunting. Me and my buddies have decided to give it a go come next fall we are full time students in college. im in Louisiana playing ball until Christmas time so i dont get to hunt much unfortunately. Anyways I have a lot of questions about hunting sam houston. ive seen the maps but how do you know where to park, where to go, how do you know if you cross in to private property. any help for a first timer hunting/ scouting sam would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Question about antlerless deer in the Sam. The APH book says you can kill two anterless all seasons combined. Does this mean if I kill two in bow season and use the tags on my license I can't kill another during general season and use my USFS Anterless permit. Just a hypothetical and obviously isn't likely to happen.
              That is correct. And only one buck allowed, all seasons combined.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                That is correct. And only one buck allowed, all seasons combined.
                Http://www.fs.usda.gov>stelprdb5426745.pdf

According to this you can take two off your tags, but the antlerless permit is special issue and allows a third in the WMA in which you were selected. It should be third page, right side. If the link isn't able to be followed, google "can you shoot a third doe with the usfs antlerless permit" and it should be the first page. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post

According to this you can take two off your tags, but the antlerless permit is special issue and allows a third in the WMA in which you were selected. It should be third page, right side. If the link isn't able to be followed, google "can you shoot a third doe with the usfs antlerless permit" and it should be the first page. Hope this helps.

This is correct. The anterless permit that's good for the general season is essentially an MLDP permit. With it you can technically kill a total of 3 does.

Comment

Duh! Can't believe I forgot about that. You're right Chief. I'll shut up now.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                      Duh! Can't believe I forgot about that. You're right Chief. I'll shut up now.
                      It's all good, happens to the best of us. Now with that extra doe tag in our pocket we can focus on getting this buck to doe ratio in check [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post

Thanks! Pretty cut and dry.
                        "If you have already harvested
                        two doe deer during archery season and have a
                        WMA antlerless deer permit, then you are
                        permitted to harvest a third doe deer during the
                        general gun season in the designated WMA. You
                        need to possess the Annual Public Hunting Permit to
                        hunt in the WMA."

Comment

I don't even live there anymore, but if I have to break out another rule book post I will....

Comment

Amen Eddie !!!

Comment

Eddie, How's the hunting in NC and SC? And are you already hunting?

Comment

I should have been hunting already but life gets in the way. I bought a new welder so I have been in the garage making stuff instead of shooting my bow. Gun season starts October 11. I already got some shooting lanes cleared out. Not a ton of deer, but very nice to know that I am by myself and I don't have to pay. I hope you guys have a great season. I've been lurking, just not posting much.

Comment

Working...
                                X