Fossil Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fossil Rim

The wife and I took a photo tour on Saturday. Thankfully we were the only ones that signed up, so we had our own private tour, and our own 5 gallon bucket of feed. The wife has a new Cannon camera, so I thought I would share her photos. I loved being there, it was a great anxiety relief with season only being a week out.
    Attached Files

Great pics! I have always enjoyed Fossil Rim.

Comment

Nice pics. Which camera? Just a suggestion but it appears the camera needs to be reduced 1/3 - 2/3 EV in bright sunlight. I know my 6D overexposes if I don't do this. I've only been to Fossil Rim once but it's a fun trip and great for photography, really wanting to go back sometime in the spring.

Comment

I have never been disappointed with Fossil Rim Trips!

Comment

I always tell me land clients about this. Have been there many times and it's always a relaxing, fun time...good pics!

Comment

Great pics. Reminds me I need to visit Fossil Rim soon. Really enjoy it out there

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
              Nice pics. Which camera? Just a suggestion but it appears the camera needs to be reduced 1/3 - 2/3 EV in bright sunlight. I know my 6D overexposes if I don't do this. I've only been to Fossil Rim once but it's a fun trip and great for photography, really wanting to go back sometime in the spring.
              The wife has a Canon Rebel. I will pass along the tip, as she is very new. This was her first time taking wildlife photos. She is really liking it. I hope this works out to me getting more hunting trips with her as my camera crew.

Comment

Here are some whitetail photos we got.

The doe would wait until we left, then run out to get the food we threw. The big buck, had no problem coming right to the tour truck. Another 3 feet and I could have touched him.
                Attached Files

Comment

Love that place. Be sure to visit The Promise next time you're in GR.

Comment

My aunt used to help run Fossil Rim many years ago when she lived in GR. We used to visit all the time and take the ride in the open top bus. It was always fun to interact with the giraffes and feed them by hand. The ostrich will get ya. Lol.

Comment

Cool pics! Definately a cool place!

Comment

The only problem with Fossil Rim is that I drive around wondering what everything tastes like.

Comment

^ What he said! If they really wanted to raise some money for conservation, they ought to start auctioning off a couple hunts each year.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                            ^ What he said! If they really wanted to raise some money for conservation, they ought to start auctioning off a couple hunts each year.....
                            I asked what they do about the Fallow deer, as they seem to be everywhere. I was told they steralize them.

In my opinion, why pay a bunch of medical bills to steralize the animals, when you can have people pay you to eat them. Or sell them to another ranch at least.

Sometimes the anti's just don't make any sense.

Comment

I wonder how they control their population numbers? I would think that they have to trap and sell a bunch of animals each year to keep the population in check.

Comment

Working...
                              X