Attire advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attire advice needed

I need hiking shoes and durable khaki pants for work. Sound off on clothing store suggestions, brands, price comparison. I will be walking through the forests a lot, likely walking in mud or water at times. Here’s the kicker I need to look professional.

It’s Texas. Jeans are appropriate.

Comment

No idea on the shoes but say spend the money for quality. I'd go with 511 for the pants. They aren't cheap but good stuff and look nice. May also consider deluth trading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Solomon quest 4d gtx for the boots and Vertx for the pants... PHANTOM OPS MEN'S TACTICAL PANTS I believe is what we get ... Boots are comfortable with little to no break-in... The pants have cargo style pockets but look semi-professional. Vertx carries/makes several different model of pants as well... I get these via my job but will be buying them in varying colors for daily wear. These pants don't look like the old style baggy cargo pants.
        Last edited by Pedernal; 06-24-2019, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I wear CQR khakis for my job and they are great.

Comment

Realtor right? Why not wear comfortable shoes and keep and pair of mucks in your car for muddy days? I dont see anything wrong with changing shoes out for the walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you for the great suggestions! I’m familiar with Deluth, but never worn or know anyone who has worn them. I’m going to google the other suggestions. Burtonboy.. thank you. I most likely will be carrying a Change of shoes. I was thinking regular cowboy boots would be fine with the khakis prior to the hiking.

Comment

For the muks, that’s just a water boot right. I’m used to wearing regular boots so not very familiar with the rubber boot wear. In remember wearing them when I was younger and they were mound scratchy and heavy. Are they comfortable? Do they run on your chins?

Comment

Can you have some nice rubber boots or possibly hip waders you take on and off?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Solomon quest 4d gtx for the boots and Vertx for the pants... PHANTOM OPS MEN'S TACTICAL PANTS I believe is what we get ... Boots are comfortable with little to no break-in... The pants have cargo style pockets but look semi-professional. Vertx carries/makes several different model of pants as well... I get these via my job but will be buying them in varying colors for daily wear. These pants don't look like the old style baggy cargo pants.
                    Thank you these look great and still professional! Thank you woodman for the CQR suggestion I like the way they look and I see them on cops and EMS so I was able to reference what they might look like.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Realtor right? Why not wear comfortable shoes and keep and pair of mucks in your car for muddy days? I dont see anything wrong with changing shoes out for the walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Missed this but that’s what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                        Can you have some nice rubber boots or possibly hip waders you take on and off?
                        I don’t know, I’d have to ask my supervisor, He suggested khakis. I don’t honestly think I’ll be getting in that much water (I have no clue) so I don’t want to over do it with waders and it might be miles of walking.

Comment

Get some Chinos from Lands End grest comfortable pants and very durable.

Comment

Hard to beat the Duluth pants or regular old Dickies work khakis too, and they're available everywhere. One other thing to consider is perhaps a couple pair of brush pants like the Wrangler's or upland game hunting pants. If it is dry you might also want to consider snake boots. Chips can look pretty nice with a bit of a shine job.

Comment

Where could I go to try on the 5.11

Comment

Working...
                              X